A forum for new users, and for old users to greet the new ones
Grantallen

Post by Grantallen »

Hello folks,
Just checking in to say hello and looking forward to using this brilliant site.
I am an ex (retired) pro musician (big band) and have been in the wilderness for a few years now but have recently taken over a choir in Staffordshire England and am thoroughly enjoying it.
I look forward to corresponding with you in the future.

Kind regards,

Grant Allen
nolinesbarred

Re: new member

Post by nolinesbarred »

Hello Grant,

Welcome. (I'm nothing special here - just another member). It's a wonderful site. I do envy you being in a place with such a large population.... Singers galore. I'm in a small town in Australia and it's hard to find singers for our little choral group. What sort of music are you singing with your choir? CPDL is a marvellous resource you'll find.

NLB
Grantallen

Re: new member

Post by Grantallen »

Hello there NDL,
many thanks for your welcome.
I live in the City of Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire. with a population of about 250 thousand. We have approximately 10 choirs within the City (of varying capabilities) and I suppose you could say that we are lucky to have so many inhabitants to draw from!
I am a retired professional musician (big band) and have also directed two choirs in Germany.

I am now the M.D. of a local choir which is affiliated to the 'College of the third age'. (you may know it as the 'University of the third age') Basically, we are all seniors with a passion for choral music. I have been M.D. for about four months now and enjoying every minute of it.

We sing a varying program but prefer to sing more classical or sacred music:

Ave Verum Corpus (Mozart),Halleluya Chorus, To Music to name but a few. I am about to arrange 'O Fortuna' from Carmina Burana (which should be a bit of a blockbuster).

I am so pleased you have replied and look forward to corresponding with you in the future.

I hope your choir goes from strength to strength (as I am sure it will)
In the mean time I wish you every success and I send to you my kind regards,

Grant