First submissions: how do I find the CPDL score number?

A forum for new users, and for old users to greet the new ones
Matthew Collett

First submissions: how do I find the CPDL score number?

Post by Matthew Collett »

This is my first post here, so apologies in advance for any obvious 'newbieness'.

I uploaded one score about a week ago, but evidently 'admin' is rather busy at the moment. So when I uploaded a second one earlier today, I tried following the do-it-yourself instructions. It seems to have worked, though I would be happy to get suggestions for improvements from established members here.

If I now want to go back and create the page for the first one myself similarly, I am missing one piece of data, namely the CPDL score number. Of course, this would have been in the do-it-yourself instructions for that score, but I didn't keep them :( . How can I find out what it should be?

Best wishes,
Matthew Collett
MandyShaw

Lost CPDL score number

Post by MandyShaw »

I had the identical problem when I started posting scores a few weeks ago. I haven't been able to track down the missing CPDL numbers, I just submitted each one again to get a new CPDL number. All I can say is that no duplicates have appeared as yet. There's a page somewhere from bobnotts which indicates that you should put a comment on the submission page indicating that you'll submit it yourself, to save duplication, but I've only recently seen that so am just hoping for the best!
Good luck
Mandy
bobnotts
Site Admin

Post by bobnotts »

Hi Matthew

I've just looked at both of your scores - they look good so thanks! Thanks also for being proactive and submitting the scores yourself, it really helps the admins.

Now - the score submission process. Every time that the "Add works data" button is pressed at the bottom of the "add new choral work" form, a unique CPDL number is generated. It doesn't matter if the info is never actually posted on CPDL or, indeed, if the form is blank or incomplete. Therefore, it is generally discouraged to submit a new edition twice because of the potential duplication of data. Having said that, Rafael Ornes (the Manager of CPDL who gets all the works data when it is submitted) will recieve your form whether you post the code yourself or not so it's not normally a problem to put the info in again so that you can submit the score yourself.

Finally, in answer to your question, without contacting Raf directly, you will not be able to find out what the CPDL number for your first score is (and I'm afraid that you are unlikely to get a reply from him).

My advice is to simply re-submit the score info and post the code yourself.

Rob

PS. We're all new once so don't worry about asking questions - I'm always happy to answer them.
Rob Nottingham
CPDL Administrator