Hello

A forum for new users, and for old users to greet the new ones
matt_d82

Hello

Post by matt_d82 »

Hi I would just like to say hello to you all, and hope to participate in discussions to come.

I am from Sydney, Australia and have always loved choral music. I used to sing a few years ago, but have not done so recently. My favourite works are by Palestrina, Lotti, Willaert, Victoria, etc.

More recently I have become a fan of Bartolucci's 'Missa De Angelis' which I have seen performed several times at Christmas at St. Mary's Cathedral in Sydney. It is bright, happy, and quite uplifting. Unfortunately I have been unable to find a recording of this, and am waiting for the day that a choir decides to record it to CD.

Anyway I hope to speak with you all in the near future.
catia

Post by catia »

wellcome matt_d82!

I hope you enjoy our company. I too am a big fan of choral music, and still sing at two amateur choirs. Besides that, I dedicate some of my free time to this forum, and in particular to CPDL, as contributor.
The man that hath no music in himself,
Nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds,
Is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils;
The motions of his spirit are dull as night,
And his affections dark as Erebus.
Let no such man be trusted.
terrystubbs
Site Admin

hi matt_d82

Post by terrystubbs »

hello matt_d82

i too like classical and most other music.
hope you enjoy your stay.

all the best

terry
Junior

Hi!!!!

Post by Junior »

Hi Matt!! I´m Junior from Argentina. I love choral music too. My favorites are Mozart, Vivaldi, Bach and Victoria. I sing in one amateur choir and in an amateur opera group. This year we made Mozart's Magic Flute.
Well recive a big hugh and keep in contact
Junior
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

Hello,

I am Alexander and I am new in this forum. I am also into music and chorale singing. But not to the very classical one. Its just a hobby for me and I like easy listening chorale music (especially church music).

I used to teach a local church choir in the Philippines but now since I am away (overseas), its still a hobby and somehow helping my choirmates (back home) when they need one.

Regards,
Alex
Alexander
mjolnir

Post by mjolnir »

Welcome, Alexander.

ns