Sister project??

A forum for new users, and for old users to greet the new ones
EJVargas

Sister project??

Post by EJVargas »

My name is Enrique Vargas. I've been researching about the possibility of creating some sort of catholic music registry in Spanish for a long while. Just last week it started. I called it "Cecilia" in honor to Saint Cecilia, the patron saint of music. You can see Cecilia here: http://www.editthis.info/cecilia

Well, I guess I didn't researched a lot because it is now that I learned about CPDL. I am stunned by the fact that I selected exactly the same format as yours (wiki technology). Nevertheless, I believe Cecilia can become a sister project with CPDL, and I am writing to see if and how that can happen.

Regards;
Enrique
mjolnir

Sister Project

Post by mjolnir »

Enrique:

If there is a weakness to CPDL, it is that it is of considerably less value to people who do not speak English than to those of us who do, and it occurs to me that you might provide a key to help improve this, by starting the work of providing Spanish translations of existing CPDL pages, or alternatively, providing English translations to pages posted by people who speak only Spanish.

As far as sister sites, CPDL already has links to a number of external sites, including www.cipoo.net, and the [Fr?] Abel Di Marco's scores hosted on the website of the Pontifical Catholic University of Puerto Rico, and there is no good reason I can think of to treat your Cecilia site any differently

ns
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

As a side comment re: foreign languages, it is possible for users to set the language for the general items that are standard wiki texts(edit/discussion/Main Page). This does not work for all of the CPDL-specific items. I will raise the subject of making CPDL more friendly to non-English users. Good luck with your site, perhaps there is some way in which we can collaborate.

Best regards,

Rafael Ornes
Manager, CPDL
choralia
Site Admin

Post by choralia »

Should you need any help with the Italian language, just drop me a line. I noted that there are few Italians in the memberlist, and that's strange for a country where many people love music. Perhaps the language is a big barrier for most.

Max