Why are files that aren't preferred forbidden?

Primarily for posting announcements and important information for users, new and old
maarvarq

Why are files that aren't preferred forbidden?

Post by maarvarq »

When ones loads a new file, one is presented with two lists of file types, i.e.
Preferred file types: 7z, cap, capx, enc, gif, jpeg, jpg, ly, mid, midi, mp3, mscx, mscz, mup, mus, musx, myr, mxl, nc, nwc, pdf, png, ps, sib, svg, zip.
Prohibited file types: html, htm, js, jsb, mhtml, mht, xhtml, xht, php, phtml, php3, php4, php5, phps, shtml, jhtml, pl, py, cgi, exe, scr, dll, msi, vbs, bat, com, pif, cmd, vxd, cpl.
Loading any other file type gives a warning, but ignoring the warning and trying to link the file to the work's page doesn't produce a viable link. Is there any point in having a "Prohibited file types" list when any file type that isn't 'Preferred' is essentially 'Prohibited'?
choralia
Site Admin

Re: Why are files that aren't preferred forbidden?

Post by choralia »

maarvarq wrote:trying to link the file to the work's page doesn't produce a viable link
Could you please provide details about the file type you're trying to link? What is preventing you to actually link it?

Max
Claude_T

Re: Why are files that aren't preferred forbidden?

Post by Claude_T »

I presume it is an ogg file that had been linked with a non-existing {{ogg}} template that I replaced with the 'Ogg' string in that edit:
http://www.cpdl.org/wiki/index.php?titl ... did=761943
thus correcting the link.