Back home - new form of restricted access, November 25, 2009

Primarily for posting announcements and important information for users, new and old
choralia
Site Admin

Back home - new form of restricted access, November 25, 2009

Post by choralia »

The migration to the new server did not work as expected. Doing it now was probably premature, due to our lack of experience with this new environment, and maybe to the fact that it's a new hosting solution, just released to the market, that may need some tuning by the hosting provider, too.

DNS are now being re-programmed to their original address, so ChoralWiki will step back to the server used since October 2008. In order to mitigate the current problems, with crawlers and vandals scanning and downloading the entire website and thus producing traffic overload, I've activated another form of restricted access: to display any pages, users have to login with their ChoralWiki username and password. Please remember that username and password at ChoralWiki are completely independent with respect to username and password here at the forums, so, if you registered only at the forums, you'll have to do another registration at ChoralWiki.

We apologize for the inconvenience. We are trying to do our best to maintain ChoralWiki free and available to all its real users, while making life more difficult to vandals.

Max
Claude_T

Re: Back home - new form of restricted access, November 25, 2009

Post by Claude_T »

I confirm it's effective and working well since 11:30 AM (Paris time).
The server is very much faster now (with the new access restrictions) than before
at editing pages, even during a 5 accounts opening per minute.
MEYNEY

Post by MEYNEY »

Bonjour,
Je me suis inscrite sur ce forum car je voudrais avoir accès à choralwiki mais on me demande un nom d'utilisateur et un mot de passe ; je voudrais savoir comment je dois faire pour en donner.
Merci
choralia
Site Admin

Post by choralia »

The registration at ChoralWiki and the registration at the Forums are completely independent. To obtain access at ChoralWiki please complete the registration there.

L'enregistrement sur ChoralWiki et l'enregistrement sur les forums sont complètement indépendants. Pour obtenir l'accès sur ChoralWiki s'il vous plaît compléter l'enregistrement là-bas.

Max
MEYNEY

Post by MEYNEY »

Bonjour,
Je veux bien, mais comment faut-il procéder ? Sur quel onglet faut-il cliquer ?
Merci d'avance
Marei-Louise Plassart
MEYNEY

Post by MEYNEY »

Re bonjour !
Je suis enfin arrivée à me connecter !
Cordialement
MLP