Help!

Discussions relating to performance, interpretation, score preparation, musica ficta etc.
zacharyallen

Help!

Post by zacharyallen »

This is the first time that I have taught an actuall choir classes. I have about 30 students most with a limited music background. I have introuduced them to solfege and movable do and they can do this fine, with a little extra help from the teacher. \

I need some suggestions for vocalize and warm ups and song recommendation. These children have only learned from rote before and all sang together in unison. I am try to start from two part harmonies and work to 4. It could be a huge disaster! I need some songs that would be great for this and fun for the songs. Any appreciations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
choralia
Site Admin

Post by choralia »

My free training aids, available at http://www.choralia.net/indexen.htm, might be helpful to learn multiple part harmonies through gradual steps.

Regards.

Max
zacharyallen

Post by zacharyallen »

Thanks so much for the link? Does anyone have any song ideas? Also I am dealing with mainly ELL students.
mjolnir

Re: Help!

Post by mjolnir »

Zachary:

I believe if it were me I'd start with rounds and canons. This way, the students all learn the same melody (which saves learning time), and let the melody create its own harmony.

ns