Handel Chandos 8 Accompaniment

For MUSIC REQUESTS and QUESTIONS about availability, including Copyright issues
sgoerzen08

Handel Chandos 8 Accompaniment

Post by sgoerzen08 »

I am performing this Anthem with a new cantata choir I've formed, and we are doing it with organ accompaniment.
http://www.cpdl.org/wiki/index.php/Chan ... ic_Handel)

The parts are unfortunately quite small, and our organist is having trouble reading the part. Is there any way of getting the accompaniment part extracted, or a copy with larger notes?
If anyone can help it would be much appreciated!
carlos
Site Admin

Re: Handel Chandos 8 Accompaniment

Post by carlos »

There is a scanned Novello edition at IMSLP which looks much better:

http://imslp.org/wiki/O_Come,_Let_Us_Si ... _Frideric)

(click on "Complete Score" to download it)

Regards,
Carlos (talk)
CPDL Administration
sgoerzen08

Post by sgoerzen08 »

Hi Carlos - thanks for your response.
I have looked at the scanned copy of the Novello, and it is indeed bigger, but I believe the style of the time also makes it difficult to read.
I realize I sound like I'm complaining a lot, I just figured since the one on CPDL looked like it had been made through Finale or Sibelius it would be simple to extract the accompaniment into a separate part.
If this is not possible I also understand, and I am looking at buying a proper score for our organist online.
choralia
Site Admin

Post by choralia »

sgoerzen08 wrote:I just figured since the one on CPDL looked like it had been made through Finale or Sibelius it would be simple to extract the accompaniment into a separate part.
You may try to contact the editor of this edition, Michael Gibson. The email address is provided on his user page. His music editing software was NoteWorthy Composer, as reported by the MIDI files. My last contact with him occurred in 2013, so I'm not sure he is still active.

Max