Victoria: Domine, Non Sum Dignus

For MUSIC REQUESTS and QUESTIONS about availability, including Copyright issues
aafil

Victoria: Domine, Non Sum Dignus

Post by aafil »

There is a versión in CPDL for SSAA, but it says this is part one. It is published by Charles Shunk (I think also arranged by)
¿Is there a second part of this arrangement? ¿Could I contact him?

Now we are learning Part I and would like so much perform the whole.

Thanks in advance

Alfredo Arricibita
carlos
Site Admin

Re: Victoria: Domine, Non Sum Dignus

Post by carlos »

Hello Alfredo,

Charles Shunk was one of the first contributors to CPDL, submitting his first editions around 17 years ago. But he never created an account on the new wiki platform, and therefore cannot be contacted by leaving a message on his talk page there.

If you look at the page of this work, you'll notice that there are several other editions that are complete, with pars secunda also:

http://www.cpdl.org/wiki/index.php/Domi ... _Victoria)

There are several different voicings, but none seem to be for SSAA as Charles's edition is. My suggestion to you is to download one of the source files provided by either Francesco Spiga or Nancho Alvarez and make the desired transposition for women's voices.

Regards,
Carlos (talk)
CPDL Administration
aafil

Post by aafil »

Thank you, Carlos.

I've already revised all other scores, but before "retouching" one of these, i must try to find continuation of this score, so it is not only a transposed one of the original, but some parts are moved from one staff to another in a pretty way, i think.

Let's see what our conductor does...
carlos
Site Admin

Post by carlos »

Oh, I see. So that's what you meant by "arrangement". Sorry for not being able to help with this.
Carlos (talk)
CPDL Administration
CHGiffen
Site Admin

Post by CHGiffen »

The Secunda pars of this motet is Miserere mei Domine (although the word "Domine" is omitted by Victoria) and is also listed separately as http://www.cpdl.org/wiki/index.php/Mise ... _Victoria) with four other editions at CPDL.
Charles H. Giffen
CPDL Board of Directors Chair
Admin at & Manager of ChoralWiki