How to reply to a query on a User Page?

For MUSIC REQUESTS and QUESTIONS about availability, including Copyright issues
Dudley Horscroft

How to reply to a query on a User Page?

Post by Dudley Horscroft »

A user page has been created for me by Peter123456789. For the life of me I cannot see how to reply to his question apart from putting this info here.

He referred to a post of mine of music by Caleb Simper, the great Victorian composer. He wants it in Sibelius - I have put up the NWC and PDF versions, and cannot convert it into Sibelius.

He also hopes I could convert it to a midi file. I don't know how to do this, but there are no doubt people who do. The NWC site says: "You can also save your notation as a MIDI performance for use in other MIDI applications, including software karaoke players. If you have a computer and an interest in music, consider trying our evaluation edition. It is a free download from this site. The licensed version of the program is just USD $49 and is made available for immediate download from our site."

If anyone knows of Peter 1234565789 could they please let him know of this reply, - I would suggest he gets NWC Viewer if he just wishes to listen to the music, or gets the demo copy if he wishes to do something with it, or just buys NWC2 - very cheap and very good. Better than Sibelius!

Dudley Horscroft
carlos
Site Admin

Re: How to reply to a query on a User Page?

Post by carlos »

Dudley Horscroft wrote:A user page has been created for me by Peter123456789. For the life of me I cannot see how to reply to his question...
Hi Dudley, this can be done by logging in to your account in the wiki, then clicking on the "my talk" link that appears at the top right corner of any page. Once on your talk page, click on the Edit tab above "User talk:Dudley Horscroft" and start writing your answer two lines below the other person's text. When you're done, add a four-tilde sequence (~~~~) and click the Preview button. The four tildes will be replaced with a standard signature and a time-stamp. Check that everything is ok and then click the Save button (don't forget that! ;))
Dudley Horscroft wrote:If anyone knows of Peter1234565789 could they please let him know of this reply
No problem, I'll point him to your reply here!
Regards,
Carlos (talk)
CPDL Administration