Adeste Fideles - Latin - SATB - Rush plse

For MUSIC REQUESTS and QUESTIONS about availability, including Copyright issues
dmorin004

Adeste Fideles - Latin - SATB - Rush plse

Post by dmorin004 »

Could someone please send me a partition written with the Encore application of Adeste Fideles in Latin - SATB. I'm starting a choir at the office and I would like to be able to split the voices with Encore as I cannot read music.

Many thanks in advance. This is much appreciated

diane :?
choralia
Site Admin

Re: Adeste Fideles - Latin - SATB - Rush plse

Post by choralia »

Hi Diane,

Do you remind about me? You had a similar problem with "Tollite Hostias" by Saint-Saens in April 2007. I re-digitized the score available at CPDL so that you could import it into Encore.

I can do the same for Adeste Fideles, if you like. There are several different versions at CPDL. Which version do you prefer?

Max
dmorin004

Post by dmorin004 »

Oh, this is so great. The partition I found on cpdl.org is marked 'unknown Origin and 16th century.

thanks muchly

diane
dmorin004

Post by dmorin004 »

I do remember you Max and the Tollite Hostias but for some reason, my fault surely, it did not work on my Encore. I don't remember the version I have now. I could let you know.

thanks so much for your help.

diane
choralia
Site Admin

Post by choralia »

Hi Diane,

I've quickly re-digitized the score. If you like, I can provide to you directly one mp3 file for each part (SATB), played with syntesized voice, so that you can bypass Encore to avoid troubles. You can download or listen to a mp3 sample through the following URL:

http://choralia.altervista.org/adeste.mp3

Please copy-and-paste it into the address bar of your browser. This is just the version with all the 4 voices together. If you like it, I can split it into 4 files with one voice each. Please let me know.

Max
dmorin004

Post by dmorin004 »

This is great Max. Could I impose on you for the file for Encore which ends with .enc and can you split your digitized piece for just soprano and alto.

thanks again so much. You are so helpful.

diane :P
dmorin004

Post by dmorin004 »

Max,

My Encore program version is 4.5.5.

diane
choralia
Site Admin

Post by choralia »

Hi Diane,

Unfortunately I don't use Encore, so I cannot output the file in .enc format. I can output it in MIDI format, and you should be able to import from MIDI to Encore then, as Encore accepts MIDI as input format. Please download the MIDI file from http://choralia.altervista.org/adeste.mid. Please copy and paste this address into the address box of your browser, as, for some reasons, the direct linking doesn't work from here.

Max
dmorin004

Post by dmorin004 »

Thanks for the midi file Max. It works great. Last request I promised. As per your offer in a previous chat, is it possible to split the 4 voices and send me separately?

Big thanks.

diane
choralia
Site Admin

Post by choralia »

Yes, of course. Please download the following file:

http://choralia.altervista.org/adeste.zip

It's a compressed file containing 4 MIDI files (soprano, alto, tenor, bass).

Max
dmorin004

Post by dmorin004 »

Max.. truly great job. thank you. Can I have your musical opinion? I have no men in my choir, will it be okay to just use two voices, the soprano and alto?

all comments appreciated and again, you came through perfectly.

diane
choralia
Site Admin

Post by choralia »

Hi Diane,

Unfortunately I have no music education, so probably I'm not the right person for answering such a question. Anyway, in most choral music the "extreme" parts (soprano and bass) are usually the most important: soprano has the melody line, while the bass has the bass line, which is the foundation of the harmony. The "intermediate" parts, alto and tenor, complete the harmony between them.

I think it's important you tale care of the bass line. If you have accompaniment (e.g., organ) during the performance, it may play the male parts a bit louder, so as to fill the gap. If there is no accompaniment, I would consider to have the alto singing the bass part rather than the real alto part (one octave higher, of course), so that you keep the two "main" parts.

I have your e-mail address of April 2007. I can make a simulation of the two cases (soprano plus alto with organo accompaniment; soprano plus bass re-assigned to the alto without accompaniment), so that you may have an idea about the way the would sound. Can I use your address of April 2007 to send the mp3 samples?

Max