Laudate Jehovam Transpose

For MUSIC REQUESTS and QUESTIONS about availability, including Copyright issues
gdscowmusic

Laudate Jehovam Transpose

Post by gdscowmusic »

I don't have Sibelius, could someone transpose Stuart McIntosh's edition of the score from B-flat Maj into G-major? As a PDF would be fine.
A bonus would be if the file could be extracted into a muse score-readable file, if that's possible. I would like to extract the organ part for that player.

https://www.cpdl.org/wiki/index.php/Lau ... _Telemann)
Claude_T

Re: Laudate Jehovam Transpose

Post by Claude_T »

This edition is under 'Personal' copyright. So I'll be able to produce a corresponding MusicXML file, easily useable under MuseScore, as soon as you'll show me the agreement of the editor.
choralia
Site Admin

Post by choralia »

I haven't been able to locate any "personal" license details for editions by Stuart McIntosh, so they should default to the CPDL license that applies to all contents except those where a different license policy is specified.

It is worth to remark that this edition was published more than 20 years ago, so the "urtext" copyright has expired in all countries where no "urtext" copyright applies (e.g., Canada), or where it lasts 20 years or less (e.g., Italy). So, in principle an Italian contributor (like me) could make a transposed edition and freely circulate it, without even crediting Stuart McIntosh. Copyright laws are definitely odd!

Max
Claude_T

Post by Claude_T »

Exported Sibelius file as MXL one, uploaded and added link ;-)
gdscowmusic

Post by gdscowmusic »

Thank you all! I did reach out to him and he did not seem concerned, though he does not have access to a computer with Sibelius anymore.