Private messaging

Forum for all users to discuss the implementation and operation of the ChoralWiki at CPDL
DaveF
Site Admin

Private messaging

Post by DaveF »

All,

Is anyone experiencing any problems with sending private messages? I've got two stuck in my Outbox, one of which has been there quite some time. I understand from reading up on BB3 that messages stay in the Outbox until read by the recipient, but the original messages to which I was replying were both from people needing things quite urgently, so I'm surprised at the length of time they've gone unread.

DF
CHGiffen
Site Admin

Re: Private messaging

Post by CHGiffen »

Until I got used to checking for them, I would sometimes not notice that I had a new PM for a few days. I don't know if there is a way to set the board so that users see any other form of notice than that at the top of the page against the User control panel.

Chuck
Charles H. Giffen
CPDL Board of Directors Chair
Admin at & Manager of ChoralWiki
choralia
Site Admin

Post by choralia »

A notification email is sent every time a new PM is received. I've just sent a PM to Dave, just to test this function.

On April 24 I increased the maximum number of PMs that can be managed within each user's mailbox, but I don't see any reasons why this may impair other functions.

Max
vaarky

Post by vaarky »

Can someone PM me? I want to check on e-mail deliverability.
vaarky

Post by vaarky »

Thanks. I don't get PM alerts at my main ISP, or confirmation messages. I've changed my address to Gmail. Can someone PM me again so I can verify that it gets to Gmail? Tx.
vaarky

Post by vaarky »

Tx for the PMs. I've asked my main ISP to check their mail logs for why PM alerts (and previously confirmation messages too) don't get through. The confirmation got through to Gmail just fine.
DaveF
Site Admin

Post by DaveF »

Thanks, Max - one of the people who had a reply waiting from me has since replied, so I imagine they were just a bit slow in reading their messages. I received an e-mail notification - I can't tell whether it was from his message or your test one - but that's the first notification I've received for a long time, and I get PMs fairly regularly.

DF