"Last updated" information for statistics

Forum for all users to discuss the implementation and operation of the ChoralWiki at CPDL
DrewE

"Last updated" information for statistics

Post by DrewE »

The date for "last updated" for the statistics looks kind of strange.

[[Template:CPDL statistics|(''Updated {{LOCALYEAR}} {{LOCALMONTHNAME}} {{LOCALDAY}}, {{LOCALTIME}}'')]]

Updated 2008 November 1, 12:34

Oughtn't it follow a more usual convention, say 1 November 2008, 12:34? I realize that date formats are highly variable around the world, but as far as I know numerical-year monthname numerical-day-of-month isn't common anywhere.
carlos
Site Admin

Re: "Last updated" information for statistics

Post by carlos »

Yes, thanks for noticing that, see if you like it now.
DrewE

Post by DrewE »

That looks a lot better to me. Thanks.
CHGiffen
Site Admin

Post by CHGiffen »

While it's not really important to me, I do note that in the "Date and time" section "My preferences" at the CPDL ChoralWiki, the fourth radio button option reads: 16:12, 2001 January 15. My assumption is that the yyyy month dd format is common enough to have been a choice. And I apologise if my choice of this format when I set up the automatic updating of Template:CPDL statistics offended anyone.

Chuck
Charles H. Giffen
CPDL Board of Directors Chair
Admin at & Manager of ChoralWiki
carlos
Site Admin

Post by carlos »

Hey Chuck, sorry if you had formatted it on purpose! I thought it wasn't intentional since you don't use this date formatting anywere else that I can remember.
CHGiffen
Site Admin

Post by CHGiffen »

Well, I did indeed select the yyyy month dd format, although perhaps I wasn't thinking about its ramifications or unpleasantness for some users. I suppose I was guided by the yyyy-mm-dd format that we use elsewhere and simply removed the hyphens and replace mm with month. I'm quite able to live with the dd month yyyy format that Carlos changed it to. FYI, originally, Raf set the old newcategories.php form to output the month dd, yyyy format.

Chuck
Charles H. Giffen
CPDL Board of Directors Chair
Admin at & Manager of ChoralWiki
carlos
Site Admin

Post by carlos »

Since we're on this topic... I noticed that we have quite a number of different date formats on the site. Some are more "international" as "yyyy-mm-dd" and "dd Month yyyy" (found on composer pages), and some are more common in the U.S., such as the dates on the Main Page and on the Scores-of-the-Month pages (in the format "Month dd, yyyy"). It would be great if we could uniformize these formats throughout the site. :wink: