Lyricist template and the Lyricist_settings category

Forum for all users to discuss the implementation and operation of the ChoralWiki at CPDL
carlos
Site Admin

Lyricist template and the Lyricist_settings category

Post by carlos »

Hi all,

Sometime ago I proposed that we moved lyricists biographies to category pages, so that any new works page that used template {{Lyricist}} would automatically include that page on the corresponding lyricist category. But now that we're learning how to use the updated DPL extension's advanced features, I see that moving the lyricist bio to a category is not really necessary. Have a look at the William Butler Yeats page to see the changes done to it. Now the entries from "Category:William Butler Yeats settings" are dynamically loaded into the lyricist page with a DPL code. On a score page, when someone clicks on the "William Butler Yeats settings" link, is redirected to his page instead. That simplifies things when a lyricist is also a composer, as is the case with Orlando di Lasso.

If we decide for this approach, "Category:Lyricist settings" won't be necessary anymore, I guess. It would be a collection of redirects only, identical in functionality to "Category:Lyricists".
I'm open to suggestions and opinions on the above.
bobnotts
Site Admin

Re: Lyricist template and the Lyricist_settings category

Post by bobnotts »

That makes a lot of sense, Carlos. It's great having this new functionality! Thanks for your efforts with this.
Rob Nottingham
CPDL Administrator