Good Friday devotion

Announcement and discussion of activities such as musical workshops, concerts/performances, music competitions etc.
DaveF
Site Admin

Good Friday devotion

Post by DaveF »

The Last Hour on Good Friday (21st March) is being commemorated in a service of readings and music at St Catwg's church, Llangattock, near Crickhowell, Powys. The Unicorn Singers, directed by Stephen Marshall, will be performing the Requiem by Herbert Howells, parts of Media Vita by John Sheppard and one of the most challenging pieces we've ever dared to tangle with, the Stabat Mater by John Browne (from my edition newly posted on CPDL). 2-3pm. No charge for admission.

DF
CHGiffen
Site Admin

Post by CHGiffen »

Sounds like a great program. I'm rather sheepishly wondering if I should bother with finishing my own edition of the Browne Stabat Mater ... I probably will, since I, too, have been preparing it for a performance next year (my edition of the O Maria salvatoris Mater was prepared from/for a performance I did a few years back). Good luck, but I'm sure it will be great.

Chuck
Charles H. Giffen
CPDL Board of Directors Chair
Admin at & Manager of ChoralWiki
DaveF
Site Admin

Post by DaveF »

Go on, carry on with it - it's bound to be different from mine! I'll be especially interested to see what you do, regarding accidentals, with bars 123-129 and 215-16.

DF