Submitting a revised edition

Use this forum for HELP at Choral Public Domain Library as well as FEEDBACK
D-fished

Submitting a revised edition

Post by D-fished »

I would like to update my edition of Gombert's Musae Iovis (#22734) http://www.cpdl.org/wiki/index.php/Musa ... s_Gombert), I have revised the edition slightly and the editorial notes considerably. My concern is that if I simply overwrite the old edition with the new, its revised status won't be readily apparent, but I don't want to post essentially a duplicate score. Suggestions?
Last edited by choralia on 19 Jul 2017 20:16, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Link fixed
choralia
Site Admin

Re: Submitting a revised edition

Post by choralia »

I'd suggest to upload the new score so as to replace the old edition, and add a remark on the edition notes like "edition and editorial notes revised on (date)".

The old edition will remain available on the file history .

Max
D-fished

Post by D-fished »

Thanks, Max.

David
D-fished

Post by D-fished »

A new, but related, question. My editions of Hassler's Cantate Domino a 5, CPDL #39952, #39960 and #39961, http://www3.cpdl.org/wiki/index.php/Can ... o_Hassler), were flagged with a score error. I've since corrected the error and revised the scores in other ways, and I've uploaded the new versions.
What is the etiquette concerning removing the ScoreError template? It no longer applies, but I wasn't sure if I should go ahead and remove it myself or just leave a notation that the scores have been corrected (which I did).
Thanks,
David
choralia
Site Admin

Post by choralia »

Please delete the ScoreError template, so that the page is removed from the list of pages which contain editions which have errors.

Max