User Page issue

Use this forum for HELP at Choral Public Domain Library as well as FEEDBACK
stileantico

User Page issue

Post by stileantico »

Hi there

I've just started uploading editions to CPDL on behalf of the ensemble Stile Antico. Currently there are just two - Morley 'It was a lover' and Johnson 'Full Fathom Five'.

When I view the work pages, our uploads are there, but the link to the editor says 'create page'. When I follow it, I am told that Stile Antico isn't registered. Which is odd, since I'm logged in using that account.

Obviously there's some convention in naming which I've missed here - can anyone help!

Thank you!

Andrew (pp Stile Antico)
choralia
Site Admin

Re: User Page issue

Post by choralia »

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for submitting your editions to ChoralWiki :)

The user "Stile Antico" is not registered. Instead, the user "Stileantico" is registered. This makes a difference for the system, so you have to precisely use the same username.

However, if you're the one who actually made the editions submitted, you should indicate yourself as the editor. This is a legal requirements in most jurisdictions, related to the so-called "moral rights", that cannot be transferred to others. So, I would suggest that you register as a natural person with your real name, and then use your personal username as the editor name for your submissions.

Please let me know if you need any clarifications. We can certainly help you going through the process.

Max
stileantico

Post by stileantico »

Hi Max

Many thanks for your reply.

I have made these two editions, but there will be further issues by other members of the group following as this project develops. 'Stile Antico' is a well-known ensemble, and we want to make these editions available to the wider public as part of the remit of our outreach Foundation. So it makes more sense for us to issue them under the well-known name 'Stile Antico', rather than under multiple names of individuals. This will make it possible, for example, to view all the 'Stile Antico' editions on a single page.

Is it possible to change the username from 'Stileantico' to 'Stile Antico'?

Thank you
Andrew
choralia
Site Admin

Post by choralia »

stileantico wrote:Is it possible to change the username from 'Stileantico' to 'Stile Antico'?
Done.
stileantico wrote:it makes more sense for us to issue them under the well-known name 'Stile Antico', rather than under multiple names of individuals
In some countries, and specifically in the US where CPDL is located, editions are generally treated as original works from a copyright standpoint, therefore the attribution to the actual editor is necessary to establish the date when the edition enters the public domain. There are few exceptions (e.g., editions made under the form of "work for hire") that are probably not applicable in this context.

I think that what you did already (i.e., indicating Stile Antico as the editor and the name of the actual editor in the edition notes) may be a reasonable compromise as the actual editor can be traced, provided that you regularly do that for all editions.

Max
stileantico

Post by stileantico »

Thanks Max, this is perfect.
Most grateful for the help.
Andrew