Custom API Creation for CPDL

Use this forum for HELP at Choral Public Domain Library as well as FEEDBACK
TheLarkInn

Custom API Creation for CPDL

Post by TheLarkInn »

I'm a music grad ( choral and vocal ) turned software engineer and I'm interested in using the CPDL database to make what I believe is an awesome free service to music teachers and choir directors all over.

As a director for a men's choir and other ensembles in the past, I have found the task of searching for awesome public domain music ( whether it be on the CPDL or anywhere ) to be somewhat a cumbersome task.

I want to make a free web application for anyone to use that will make this process easier, incorporate peer review, and profiles for directors and their ensembles for the sake of piece recommendations tailored to their specific voicings, number of voices, age groups, and ranges.

One problem is that the current MediaWiki API that is available I use is a little outdated and limited in scope for what I want to accomplish.

Therefore I'm hoping to entertain the idea that the CPDL allow me access to the CPDL database so I can build a new/custom API in a newer technology. Or at least, would it be possible to have a dump/copy of the database so I can develop something locally.

Thank you for your time.
choralia
Site Admin

Re: Custom API Creation for CPDL

Post by choralia »

Hello,

I'm probably the CPDL admin who may help you most. However, we have to discuss some details first. I'm currently on travel abroad, I'll contact you privately in the next few days.

Max