mp4 videos

Use this forum for HELP at Choral Public Domain Library as well as FEEDBACK
Knut

mp4 videos

Post by Knut »

I uploaded a mp4 "karaoke video" for Hugo Distler, "Lobe den Herren" http://www.cpdl.org/wiki/index.php/Lobe ... Distler%29.

The upload dialogue allows .mp4 files, but they are declared to be "unwanted".
I believe that such files are usefull, but what do you think?

Knut
carlos
Site Admin

Re: mp4 videos

Post by carlos »

Hello Knut! I think that such videos are really nice, thanks! I just have some doubts regarding whether hosting them on CPDL is the best option, given the generally large size of such videos and the absence of an embedded player at CPDL, forcing users to download the video first in order to watch them.

Another alternative would be to upload your videos to a Youtube channel and then include links to them on CPDL pages. One of the advantages is that your videos would be available to a much larger audience (Youtube and CPDL combined).

Others may have a different opinion on this, so, let's hear from them, too.

Regards,
Carlos (talk)
CPDL Administration
Cdalitz

Post by Cdalitz »

Another alternative would be to upload your videos to a Youtube channel and then include links to them on CPDL pages.
As these Videos can be a useful help for choirs learning a piece, I wonder whether there is a predefined category on a work page for recordings/videos? Should this go under "External website" or is this for something different?

Chris
vaarky

Post by vaarky »

My feeling is that this should go under External Files (which can indicate what the link is for). That's also more "arms' length" from a copyright perspective, if a video has multiple performers.