Adding a score

Use this forum for HELP at Choral Public Domain Library as well as FEEDBACK
matthewschellhorn

Adding a score

Post by matthewschellhorn »

Hi there

I uploaded a score a long while ago and it still has not appeared. I'm wondering if there's anything more to do?

By rights the page should be http://www.cpdl.org/wiki/index.php?titl ... chellhorn)

and the score is at http://www.cpdl.org/wiki/index.php/File ... _Maria.pdf

Many thanks
Matthew
carlos
Site Admin

Re: Adding a score

Post by carlos »

Hi Matthew,

CPDL is maintained by a handful of volunteers, and sometimes contributions as the one you made may go unnoticed for a long time. That's why we encourage all editors to make an effort to publish the works themselves.

You completed the initial steps correctly, when you uploaded the score and filled out the Add work form. The only thing missing was to follow the instructions you received by email when you submitted the form:
Title of wiki page: Ave Maria (Matthew Schellhorn)
submitter username: Matthewschellhorn
submitter email: xxxxxxxxx@xxx.com
editor/contributor email: xxxxxxxxx@xxx.com
authorization to publish email of editor/contributor: no

-------- Composer entry (this entry appears on the composer page, --------
-------- please copy/paste the line below, under 'List of works') --------

*{{NoCo|Ave Maria}}   ( [{{filepath:Schellhorn,_Matthew_-_Ave_Maria.pdf}} {{pdf}}] )

-------- end of Composer entry (do not include this line) --------

-------- Works entry (this should appear on the works page, --------
-------- copy all material below except for the last line of text) --------

==Music files==
{{Legend}}

*{{subst:NewWork1}} {{CPDLno|31998}} [{{filepath:Schellhorn,_Matthew_-_Ave_Maria.pdf}} {{pdf}}]
{{Editor|Matthew Schellhorn|2014-05-14}}{{ScoreInfo|A4|1|4276}}{{Copy|CPDL}}
:'''Edition notes:'''

==General Information==
'''Title:''' ''Ave Maria''<br>
{{Composer|Matthew Schellhorn}}
{{Lyricist|}}

{{Voicing|4|SATB}}<br>
{{Genre|Sacred|Motets}}
{{Language|Latin}}
'''Instruments:''' {{acap}}<br>
'''Published:''' 2014

'''Description:'''

'''External websites:'''

==Original text and translations==
{{NoText}}

[[Category:Sheet music]]
[[Category:Modern music]]

-------- End of Works entry (do not include this line) --------
All you had to do was to copy the whole block of text in red and paste it onto your Ave Maria page, hitting the Save button after that. What you would see then is this:
Schellhorn.png
Notice the "create page" links in front of the two occurrences of your name? By clicking on them, you are directed to create a composer page and an editor page for you. After that, the last step would be to add the line of text in green (from the email you received, see above) to the proper section of your composer page. ( Right below "{{Legend}}" )

Your Ave Maria was just created by me: http://www.cpdl.org/wiki/index.php?titl ... chellhorn). Would you like to have a try at creating your composer and editor pages? Don't worry if something goes wrong, I'll revise the pages later and make any necessary corrections.

Regards,
Carlos (talk)
CPDL Administration
matthewschellhorn

Post by matthewschellhorn »

Thanks for your helpful reply.

I honestly do not remember receiving that email. I have tried to create the pages you suggest as best I can – not quite sure how to do links or indeed to link to the piece.

Also, the pdf of my piece is not rendering properly when I click on it. Do you have that problem? If I want to replace the file, can I overwrite it and not have to go through the linking process again?
carlos
Site Admin

Post by carlos »

Hi Matthew,

Sorry, I supposed that you had received the automatic message, but it may have gone astray for a series of reasons (spam box, email mistyped, server error etc.). Nonetheless, you created the composer and editor pages correctly, thanks! I've fixed the link to your Ave Maria, but when I opened the pdf to check it, I noticed that indeed the pentagram is not rendering properly: some of the lines are not drawn. The procedure to replace the pdf is exactly as you described: just upload a new one with the same filename and it will overwrite the old one. Alternatively, you can open the link below and click on "Upload a new version of this file":
http://www.cpdl.org/wiki/index.php/File ... _Maria.pdf

Regards,
Carlos (talk)
CPDL Administration