New work linking to composer page

Use this forum for HELP at Choral Public Domain Library as well as FEEDBACK
plebas

New work linking to composer page

Post by plebas »

I recently uploaded a choral work I have written (plus some midi files) to CPDL and they are visible on:
http://www2.cpdl.org/wiki/index.php/Spe ... ons/Plebas
I also created a composer page for myself, but I cannot work out how to link the first to the second. Can you help, please?
Thanks.
Philip Le Bas
carlos
Site Admin

Re: New work linking to composer page

Post by carlos »

Hi Philip,

You started correctly by creating a composer page for yourself. The next step now is to click on the "Add new work" tab that can be found on top of your composer page, and fill out the form that will appear. I have done this for you this time. Click on the images below to see how I have filled in the form:
Clipboard01.png
Clipboard02.png
Your edition required a bit of extra editing, because it has various midi files for a single pdf. The process is more straightforward when you post a pdf with a single midi file associated. Don't worry to make errors, they can be easily corrected.

Regards,
Carlos (talk)
CPDL Administration
plebas

Post by plebas »

Dear Carlos,

Many thanks for your help, and for sorting it out for me! I must admit I thought I had already filled in one of those forms, but obviously I needed to do it more than once.

Could I ask your help in another matter, please? My surname is Le Bas, but CPDL has it filed under "B" rather than "L", whereas others with names like mine seem to be filed under "L". How do I change this?

Best wishes,

Philip
plebas

Post by plebas »

Many thanks for all your assistance!
Philip
carlos
Site Admin

Post by carlos »

plebas wrote:I must admit I thought I had already filled in one of those forms, but obviously I needed to do it more than once.
Hi Philip, currently CPDL has two systems for submitting an edition: the old form is very similar to the one I suggested you, but it's not automated: the output of the form is sent to you via email, and you have to paste the code from this email into a blank page. According to the logs, this was the one you used on December 13th, that's why nothing happened besides you receiving an email from CPDL. The new system (the "Add new work" tab) does most of the process automatically.
plebas wrote:Could I ask your help in another matter, please? My surname is Le Bas, but CPDL has it filed under "B" rather than "L", whereas others with names like mine seem to be filed under "L". How do I change this?
It was the sort key, I've corrected it for you.
plebas

Post by plebas »

Thanks for your help a week ago. I have another enquiry, related to the the previous ones, if you don't mind.

I've uploaded another pdf file (#33840) as a congregational version of the same work as before (#33750), and I think I've now successfully included it under the same entry. But now I have another entry (http://www.cpdl.org/wiki/index.php/A_Co ... ip_Le_Bas)) as if this were a separate work. Can I delete that entry without losing the link to the pdf file under http://www.cpdl.org/wiki/index.php/A_Co ... ip_Le_Bas) ? And how?
Hope this makes sense!

Philip
CHGiffen
Site Admin

Post by CHGiffen »

I just checked, and you posted the congregational part correctly, so the work page for that part can be safely deleted (it won't destroy the PDF file which is stored separately). I'll do that now for you. Thanks for this work!
Charles H. Giffen
CPDL Board of Directors Chair
Admin at & Manager of ChoralWiki
plebas

Post by plebas »

Great. Thanks.
Philip
plebas

Post by plebas »

Could you also remove the congregational part from my composer page please. (Thanks for already removing it from my editor page.)
Thanks,
Philip
CHGiffen
Site Admin

Post by CHGiffen »

Hi Philip. Done, although I retained a link to the PDF congregational part up. If it's not to your liking and you want to remove that line, feel free to, or leave a note here.
Charles H. Giffen
CPDL Board of Directors Chair
Admin at & Manager of ChoralWiki
plebas

Post by plebas »

Many thanks. That's fine!
Philip
plebas

Post by plebas »

Sorry, I need some more help!
Today I've uploaded 2 pdf's, 6 midi's and 6 mp3's, all of which I intended to have associated with a new work on my composer page entitled "An RC Mass Setting from Seal Church". One of the pdf's (the main one) and one of the midi's are visible. Could you help me to locate the others, please? Or do I need to re-upload them? I remember being told it is more complicated when there is more than one of each type!
Many thanks,
Philip Le Bas
plebas

Post by plebas »

Ah (answering my own question), I have now found the files under "Contributions". I will have a go at sorting out the files tomorrow evening...
Philip
carlos
Site Admin

Post by carlos »

plebas wrote:I will have a go at sorting out the files tomorrow evening...
Philip
Hi Philip, I've included the links to the remaining files. Please check the page and feel free to edit or make any changes you deem necessary.

Regards,
Carlos (talk)
CPDL Administration
plebas

Post by plebas »

Thanks, Carlos. Great service, as ever!
Philip