How to answer the following CAPTCHA?
1 12 (?) 1234 12345 ==>

To much for my old brain :-)

roar
carlos
Site Admin

Re: CAPTCHA problem

Post by carlos »

Hmmm, before I give you the answer, I must certify that you are not a computer program trying to bypass our CAPTCHA system! Please answer the following question:

1 12 123 (?) 12345 ==>

:mrgreen: Now being serious, the answer in your case would be 123. Maybe it's time to create more intuitive questions!
Carlos (talk)
CPDL Administration
CHGiffen
Site Admin

Post by CHGiffen »

Perhaps asking the user to 'complete the number pattern by providing the missing entry' would be a more intuitive way of phrasing the CAPTCHA question.

On a related note ... I think Roar might be trying to fix the links to scores that are not reachable by the present (and presumably outdated) links to his editions. I noticed these when I saw that Claude tried to update the links (the previous invocation of the {{website}} template was not correct).
Charles H. Giffen
CPDL Board of Directors Chair
Admin at & Manager of ChoralWiki
jrmh

Post by jrmh »

Just for the record, I am a mathematician and generally good at logical puzzles. When I got the CAPTCHA:

2 3 (?) 5 6 ==>

I had absolutely no idea what to do. My immediate thought was that there is a bug in the code and the (?) is supposed to be replaced by a mathematical operation. I did consider trying adding the two numbers (23+56 in this case) and hoping that eventually I would be lucky. Fortunately I found this thread - I could have been there all night.

Seriously, if you actually want people to contribute to this wiki, change this insane CAPTCHA!
choralia
Site Admin

Post by choralia »

It's a CAPTCHEMA: Completely Automated Public Turing test to tell Computers and Humans (Except Mathematicians) Apart :lol:
carlos
Site Admin

Post by carlos »

Hey jrmh, have you read the instructions above it? :wink:
...please answer the Captcha question below by supplying the missing number in the series :mrgreen:
choralia wrote:It's a CAPTCHEMA: Completely Automated Public Turing test to tell Computers and Humans (Except Mathematicians) Apart
What about a CAPTCHEEDMA: Completely Automated Public Turing test to tell Computers and Humans (Except Easily Distractable Mathematicians) Apart

Speaking seriously now: the mathematical CAPTCHA was chosen because the previous one, based on questions in English, presented some extra difficulty for non-speakers of this language. The mathematical test has the advantage of presenting some extra difficulty to speakers of all languages :mrgreen: