Can an uploaded file be renamed?

Use this forum for HELP at Choral Public Domain Library as well as FEEDBACK
PeterGibson

Can an uploaded file be renamed?

Post by PeterGibson »

I am in the process of uploading files to the CPDL server, to replace the content of my old web site. Over-enthuseastic use of the delete and backspace keys has resulted in a file being called "Wood-Nunc.pdf", not the intended "Wood-Nunc-G.pdf".
Can I rename the file, or is it a job for an administrator? If I can, how do I go about it? I cannot imagine that this will be the last time things go pear-shaped!

Peter
carlos
Site Admin

Re: Can an uploaded file be renamed?

Post by carlos »

Hi Peter,

Renaming files is a task that currently only admins can do. I'm planning to develop a new Rename template to be used in these situations, but in the meantime you can use:

Code: Select all

{{cleanup|Please rename to xxxxxx}}
Depending on your urgency, you can also write to one of the admins requesting it.

Regards,
Carlos (talk)
CPDL Administration
PeterGibson

Post by PeterGibson »

I was going to use your method, but someone (I cannot imagine who :wink: ) has got there already.
Presumably, next time I mess up, the template code is simply inserted at the top of the offending page.

Peter
carlos
Site Admin

Post by carlos »

PeterGibson wrote:I was going to use your method, but someone (I cannot imagine who :wink: ) has got there already.
Oh, I forgot to mention that... 8)
PeterGibson wrote:Presumably, next time I mess up, the template code is simply inserted at the top of the offending page.
That's right!