SibeliusMusic to ScoreExchange transition

Use this forum for HELP at Choral Public Domain Library as well as FEEDBACK
JulesBry

SibeliusMusic to ScoreExchange transition

Post by JulesBry »

Several years ago, I submitted a score called "Dove in the Maple Tree". It was hosted on SibeliusMusic.com. Since then, SibeliusMusic.com has become ScoreExchange.com. The piece is still available, but it takes considerably more time to get to it now. Is there a way I can update the direct link? For some reason, CPDL has forgotten my old login and User ID, and I can't figure out how to edit the page (if it's even possible).

Can anyone help?
vaarky

Re: SibeliusMusic to ScoreExchange transition

Post by vaarky »

Thanks for your contribution; we appreciate your wanting to update it.

Any userID on CPDL can update a wiki page on CPDL, in case you want to create a new CPDL account. It would be great if you could update it. If you run into any problems trying this approach, please post here and one of the volunteers can make the change to the page.

If you want to revive the old login and encounter difficulties, please post further details about the nature of the issue (but NOT anything sensitive such as password).

One way or another, it would be nice to see more of you around the place. :)
JulesBry

Post by JulesBry »

I have created a new log-in, but couldn't figure out how to edit the old page. I'd appreciate any help you (or someone else) could give.

I do hope to be around a bit more. I'm working on my DMA, so I expect I'll be doing some transcription projects in the near future. :-)
vaarky

Post by vaarky »

First, a login/password has to be created separately at forums.cpdl.org and the main www.cpdl.org (they are not automatically propagated, and are not connected, though you can choose to create the same login name and password.

Once you log into your account for www.cpdl.org, when you go to a page while logged in then you are offered choices to edit the content. There is an edit tab near that top of a page that edits the whole page, or you can use the Edit link near the right-hand margin that edits just that particular section of the text.

The link would need to be updated in two places:

1. The score page:

http://www.cpdl.org/wiki/index.php/The_ ... %C3%A1k%29

2. The composer page, in this case, since it also points directly to the URL you previously provided:

http://www.cpdl.org/wiki/index.php/Anto ... %99%C3%A1k

You can preview it before saving your changes to see how it will look. Also, if you save it and something is off, you can post here and someone can fix it--no worries. Or, if you prefer, you can let us know the new external URL, and someone reading this can make the update for you.

Also, you can click the Upload link on the left if you want the score hosted on CPDL (this helps maintain continuity of access).