Navigating back to Search results in Choral Wiki

Use this forum for HELP at Choral Public Domain Library as well as FEEDBACK
mamamoake

Navigating back to Search results in Choral Wiki

Post by mamamoake »

Love the site! Yesterday I used the Multi-Category sheet music search feature successfully, 1) going from the Results page to the page with the versions available, 2) looking at the score chosen, and 3) navigating back to the Results page to look at other titles. So far today, however, have repeatedly tried to navigate back to the Results and end up on the Multi-Category search page with blank fields. Have filled in the same fields 10 times in the last 30 minutes. Is there a glitch in the navigation? Thanks SO much.
choralia
Site Admin

Re: Navigating back to Search results in Choral Wiki

Post by choralia »

Could you please help us to reproduce the problem? Please specify the search you perform, and the server that you access (http://www.cpdl.org; www1.cpdl.org; www2.cpdl.org; www3.cpdl.org; choralwiki.org - you can identify it through the URL shown in the address bar of your browser).

Occasional problems may occur around 8:00 - 8:15 a.m., GMT, when all mirrors are aligned to the main website, and the database used to create the the web pages is reloaded on all mirrors.

Max
vaarky

Post by vaarky »

One other avenue to try to clarify, in addition to the question above:
Do you mean you click on a selection, then hit your browser's "back" button?
carlos
Site Admin

Post by carlos »

What I usually do is to keep the page with the results open in one tab (or window) and open each result in a new tab (or window). With the new browsers you can do that by clicking on the links with the middle mouse button (alternately you can click with the right button, then select "open in a new tab"). Hope it helps.
vaarky

Post by vaarky »

I similarly use the approach of clicking links so they open a new tab--control-click is another approach for doing this depending on your browser (works for me in Firefox).
CHGiffen
Site Admin

Post by CHGiffen »

I just checked, to be sure my recollection of the way Firefox handles this is correct. When I click on a result after doing a Multi-Category search and then use the "back" arrow in Firefox to go back to the Multi-Category search page, the results are still there and the fields I entered are still there - so (at least, for me) Firefox is not reloading the Multi-Category search page, but, instead, it is simply redisplaying the page in its last state (presumably from some sort of cache). I love this behavior of Firefox, which saves me from having to repeat filling in fields. It has been a long time since I used I.E. that I'm not sure what it's behavior is, but my vague recollection is that it reload the page when one hits the "back" button instead of redisplaying the page in its last state.
Charles H. Giffen
CPDL Board of Directors Chair
Admin at & Manager of ChoralWiki