Missing CPDL no.

Use this forum for HELP at Choral Public Domain Library as well as FEEDBACK
JohnK

Missing CPDL no.

Post by JohnK »

I've added some scores but missed out the CPDL numbers - they must have been allocated: how do I find what they were and correct my pages?
John Kilpatrick
CHGiffen
Site Admin

Post by CHGiffen »

Hi John,

Many thanks for you Earwaker editions. I just read this posting and then looked at the "Recent changes" page at CPDL and see that you must have figured out that you must run the Add works form and get the CPDL number from the page that this form returns when you submit the form. :)

In general, reading the Score submission guide will probably make things a lot easier for you.

Best wishes, and thanks again!

Chuck
Charles H. Giffen
CPDL Board of Directors Chair
Admin at & Manager of ChoralWiki
JohnK

Post by JohnK »

Thanks, Chuck. I have indeed figured that out. The problem seems to be that if (for any reason) one doesn't make a copy of that page (or at least the number) there and then, it's gone. It's not available from my browser's history files - I've just checked. So my question was whether I can do anything to get the missing CPDL number onto the 5 scores which haven't got it (John Earwaker's carols and folksongs), so that the "cleanup" message can be removed. Is there a list of numbers and scores somewhere? I can't find it.
John Kilpatrick
CHGiffen
Site Admin

Post by CHGiffen »

Hi again John,

Ah, you too have discovered that the only place to get the CPDL # is from the output of the Addworks form, and it is very easy to close that window before saving the information. A copy is sent to Raf Ornes for posting if the contributor does not post the score, but there is a considerable backlog. Also, from time to time the Addworks form is run with no information - either to generate a CPDL # for an edition posted manually without going through the submission process, or (more often than one might think) more-or-less by accident (also generating a CPDL #), usually by someone not new to the process.

At any rate, I have gone over the score submissions that have been posted for the last several days, and I find the numbers 15691, 15692, 15693, 15694, 15696, 15697, 15698 have not been used for any newly posted editions. Given the time frame of your postings (and the postings of Huub de Lange's Magnificat, the Tallis O Nata Lux, and the Olivier Barton Missa Gallinum Huma. I'm going to assign CPDL #'s 15692 ... 15697 (omitting the already assigned number 15695). At worst, someone else will post a score with one or two of these numbers and we can change them.

Best wishes,

Chuck
Charles H. Giffen
CPDL Board of Directors Chair
Admin at & Manager of ChoralWiki
JohnK

Post by JohnK »

Thanks again. That solves the problem. I'll remember next time!
John
John Kilpatrick