adding scores

Use this forum for HELP at Choral Public Domain Library as well as FEEDBACK
joachim

Post by joachim »

Thanks to MandyShaw and John for a quick fix there. I was pretty sure I'd followed the help instructions meticulously, but I'll have to read through them again, apparently. Better luck next time, hopefully.

joachim

PS: the .wav file is just under 8mb, it'll take me the better part of tonight to get that uploaded. some other time, perhaps.
johnhenryfowler

MIDI file is better

Post by johnhenryfowler »

The MIDI file would be better - it's much smaller !

The source file too, if you want to release it.

- John Henry Fowler
joachim

Post by joachim »

I'm using Allegro (downsized Finale) which, to the best of my knowledge, only produces .wavs. The source file's location is underneath:

http://www.cpdl.org/wiki/images/3/35/Ih ... Leiter.MUS

Thanks for taking care of this, though I'd be interested to know what it was exactly that I did wrong or omitted in uploading the score myself.

joachim

Edit: just found out the midi thing (I believe). File location:

http://www.cpdl.org/wiki/images/9/90/Ih ... Leiter.MID
johnhenryfowler

Midi file is OK

Hi Joachim,

Yes, that IS the midi file. I'll incorporate it into the Composer and works page for you.

MIDI file URL:
http://www.cpdl.org/wiki/images/9/90/Ih ... Leiter.MID

Finale File URL:
http://www.cpdl.org/wiki/images/3/35/Ih ... Leiter.MUS

- John Henry Fowler
johnhenryfowler

Done the Midi and Finale Source file linking...

Hi Joachim,

I have posted the MIDI and Finale source file. I can't read in the
Finale source file. What Finale version are you using ?

- John Henry Fowler
joachim

Post by joachim »

It's not Finale, but Allegro. It is a downsized version of Finale, intended for more modest use than Finale. I've been able to open files with the Finale Viewer and the like, so the files *are* interchangeable. However, I'm using Allegro 2007, so earlier Finale versions might not be able to deal with it.

Joachim
CHGiffen
Site Admin

Post by CHGiffen »

It opens in Finale 2007 but not in Finale 2006 or earlier.

Nice score, by the way! :)

Chuck
Charles H. Giffen
CPDL Board of Directors Chair
Admin at & Manager of ChoralWiki
joachim

Post by joachim »

Nice to see that my score, source file and midi are up. MandyShaw promised a link to an (extensive) help file on the issue of uploading scores - I'd still be grateful for that, since I'd prefer to post my scores myself. Grateful for any hints.

Joachim
MandyShaw

Sorry - I forgot ...

Post by MandyShaw »

joachim

Post by joachim »

Thanks for that, but that's the user's guide I (thought I had) followed initially, so that doesn't quite explain why it didn't work out. Anyway, I'll give it another go with another score sometime next week, and we'll see.

joachim
MandyShaw

Oh dear

Post by MandyShaw »

Sorry about that. As you say, best have another go, and keep us posted on this forum - then if there's something that needs adding to/clarifying in the help text, you'll be able to indicate it.
joachim

Post by joachim »

I've just managed to get the job done, and now I'm at my wit's end about how to insert an url in this freakin' message. Another dent in my computer pride...

Still: Tallis' anthem "O Lord in Thee" is available as of a couple of minutes ago.[/url]
bobnotts
Site Admin

Post by bobnotts »

Hi Joachim

Well done! I can confirm that you've submitted the edition correctly and I've just made a few small alterations to the score page. Can you confirm which version of Finale you used to create the file?

Many thanks

Rob
joachim

Post by joachim »

Hi Rob,

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I'm using Allegro, which is a 'downsized' (and cheaper :) ) version of Finale with less technical possibilities, although still more than enough for a relatively simple choir score.

Allegro 2007 files can be opened with either Allegro itself, obviously, or Finale 2007 or up. Alternatively, the latest version of Notepad may do the trick as well.

Joachim
joachim

Post by joachim »

Hi all,

I've added a new score today - uploaded the three files (pdf, source and midi) and created the link on the composer page. It all went fine (#15611), but for some reason or other, it does not appear on the main page. Any clues as to why that might not be happening?

joachim