adding scores

Use this forum for HELP at Choral Public Domain Library as well as FEEDBACK
joachim

adding scores

Post by joachim »

Hi all,

I've just uploaded a score of a masonic piece by Mozart, "Ihr unsren neuen Leiter". Uploading went fine, but the information table under "add new scores" just won't load after I complete it. It keeps giving "unable to update table". Any hints?

joachim

PS I've used diacritics like "gekrönt" etc. in the descriptions. Could that have anything to do with it?

PS2: file location http://www.cpdl.org/wiki/images/8/8b/Moz-ihr.pdf
johnhenryfowler

Post by johnhenryfowler »

Hi joachim ,

The problem is a "special character" in the works name or PDF, MIDI, or source-file URL.

Usually its an apostrophie ' although the diacriticals might be a problem

Take out any special characters and submit again, or
send me the file pointers and I'll do it for you, and you can edit
any special stuff into the "Works" page later.

- John Henry Fowler
joachim

Post by joachim »

Thanks for that. I've left out all apostrophes, diacritics etc and the table did upload. The result is en English for which I'm quite frankly ashamed, but I'll wait for it to appear on cpdl and then correct it.

Joachim
MandyShaw

Waiting for scores to appear

Post by MandyShaw »

My experience is that you are better off taking the text that will have appeared after the successful table update & posting it up yourself. For reasons that are beyond me, given the skills and experience of our excellent administrators, Rafael Ornez is the only person who can process these requests, & I suspect he has a very large backlog. Personally I just type 'Placeholder' at the top of the form, hit the button, collect the all-essential 'CPDL score number', & then build my own text for posting, using a template that I originally based on an existing score. This seems to work perfectly well, and the whole thing is under my control.
MandyShaw

P.S.

Post by MandyShaw »

My approach also allows you to put 'special characters' in without problem.
joachim

Post by joachim »

I can't even begin to list the things I don't understand in your reply. I'm very much afraid that wiki-codes and the like are beyond me, so if the standard approach doesn't work, that's about it. Thanks anyway.
bobnotts
Site Admin

Post by bobnotts »

Hi Joachim

Thanks for submitting the score but a small word of warning - Raf hasn't posted a score since February and the time before that was in January. Now, it's possible that there aren't any to post and there is no backlog but I find that hard to believe. What I'm trying to say is that if you want to get your edition on CPDL before Christmas 2008, I recommend doing it yourself or posting the code on a post in this thread and someone else will sort it out for you :)

Rob
joachim

Post by joachim »

Whoopsy, talking about backlog... I'd very much like to see my scores outthere anytime soon, but as I've said, I'm not much of a wiki-person. What codes would anyone need to post it for me?

joachim

PS: does that mean that all the new scores since February have been added by individual users?
MandyShaw

Post by MandyShaw »

It does indeed Joachim!
I am happy to help if you post up the code that was returned to you when you filled in the form successfully (if you no longer have this, just do it again - it won't hurt anything).
Sorry I wasn't very clear - I will endeavour to explain what the bits of code actually do, when you post it up. As bobnotts and others will confirm, I knew nothing of wikis myself when I started posting scores in May this year.
I'm going out shortly for the rest of the day so won't be able to help until tomorrow though. Someone else may well pick up the request anyway.
Mandy
MandyShaw

Post by MandyShaw »

Whoops, when I say 'post up the code' I just mean on this forum topic! That was /really/ unclear of me ... sorry. I'll engage my brain next time.
joachim

Post by joachim »

I still don't quite get what it is that you need, but when I upload the information table on my score, I get this:

Title of wiki page: Ihr unsre neuen Leiter (Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart)
submitter email: jkelecom@gmail.com

-------- Composer entry (this entry appears on the composer page, please copy/paste the line below, under 'List of works') --------
*''[[Ihr unsre neuen Leiter (Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart)|Ihr unsre neuen Leiter]]''   ( [ http://www.cpdl.org/wiki/images/8/84/Icon_pdf.gif] [ http://www.cpdl.org/wiki/images/8/81/Icon_snd.gif] [ ] )
------- end of Composer entry (do not include this line---------

-------- Works entry (this should appear on the works page, copy all material below except for the last line of text) -------
==Music files==
{{Legend}}

*{{NewWork|2007-11-24}} '''CPDL #15523:''' [ http://www.cpdl.org/wiki/images/8/84/Icon_pdf.gif] [ http://www.cpdl.org/wiki/images/8/81/Icon_snd.gif] [ ]
:'''Editor:''' [[User:Joachim Kelecom|Joachim Kelecom]] ''(added 2007-11-24)''.   '''Score information: '''A4, 4 pages, 90 kbytes   '''Copyright:''' [[ChoralWiki:CPDL|CPDL]]
:'''Edition notes:'''

==General Information==
'''Title:''' ''Ihr unsre neuen Leiter''<br>
'''Composer:''' [[Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart]]

'''Number of voices:''' 4vv '''Voicing:''' TTTB<br>
'''Genre:''' [[:Category:Secular music|Secular]], [[:Category:Lieder|Lieder]]<br>
'''Language:''' German<br>
'''Instruments: '''Tenor solo, TTB choir and organ<br>
'''Published: '''1785

'''Description: '''Composed for the closing ceremony of Mozart's lodge.

'''External websites: '''

==Original text and translations==

{{NoText}}

[[Category:Sheet music]]
[[Category:Secular music]]
[[Category:Lieder]]
[[Category:TTTB]]
[[Category:Classical music]]
---------- End of Works entry -----------------

Hope that helps. Thanks again.

Joachim
MandyShaw

Post by MandyShaw »

That's the one. I'll do it for you now & tell you when it's done.
MandyShaw

What is file name of the PDF (or whatever)?

Post by MandyShaw »

I have got the text on nicely, it's now visible on CPDL, but there are no working PDF or other links! I think when you filled in the form you may not have entered the name(s) of the files you originally uploaded - I can hunt back through the upload log (though haven't got time this afternoon) but it would be quicker if you could let me have this information.
Meanwhile it looks nice, but doesn't actually work yet!
Thanks
Mandy
MandyShaw

P.S. I will annotate the text tomorrow for you

Post by MandyShaw »

Bobnotts has some great 'help' info on CPDL to help you with this, I will post a link to that tomorrow also.
johnhenryfowler

Fixed your submission.

Post by johnhenryfowler »

Hi Joachim,

I've fixed the Mozart composer page:

http://www.cpdl.org/wiki/index.php/Wolf ... eus_Mozart

and the "Works" page:

http://www.cpdl.org/wiki/index.php/Ihr_ ... _Mozart%29

Click on these links to see the results of my work.

If you have MIDI files and Source files for the works upload them
and post them here. I will incorporate them for you.

The problem with your original try is that you never copied
the file specifiers into the add-works page. They must have been
left blank.

I only had the pointer for the PDF file:

http://www.cpdl.org/wiki/images/8/8b/Moz-ihr.pdf

And this did not appear in the code for the works page that you posted.

Happy to help...

- John Henry Fowler