Different Problem Adding Scores

Use this forum for HELP at Choral Public Domain Library as well as FEEDBACK
Jim Pearson

Different Problem Adding Scores

Post by Jim Pearson »

I've added scores in German and English of O Heiland, reiß dir Himmel auf from Der Jahrkreis by Hugh Distler. Unfortunately, the English edition hasn't appeared and the German is out of place, appearing at the top of the Jahrkreis page but not properly in the list. Since I'm new at this, I'm uncomfortable editing in the wiki language. So, not wanting to muck things up, I'd be grateful for some help. Many thanks. ----CJP
Claude_T

Re: Different Problem Adding Scores

Post by Claude_T »

Thanks for your contributions.
I've added the English-text PDF and inserted the work line in due place.
Jim Pearson

Post by Jim Pearson »

Thank you for positioning my contribution. BTW, the OHeiland motet appearing with mine is not from Der Jahrkries and appears already on the "Other" page. It was published with the Kleine Sing- und Spielmusik group.
I hope to add some more Englished versions of Jahrkreis motets. Is it safe for me to edit the Jahrkreis page with formatting like the other entries or shall I wait for you to place them correctly?
Thanks again for your help.
----CJP
Claude_T

Post by Claude_T »

Feel free to place your contributions directly on the Jahrkreis' cycle page yourself. Thanks.
Jim Pearson

Post by Jim Pearson »

I seem to have lost my editing privileges. Sorry to be a nuisance.
choralia
Site Admin

Post by choralia »

Jim Pearson wrote:I seem to have lost my editing privileges.
I noticed that you have just submitted a new edition, and the process would fail if you have no editing privileges. Are you still experiencing this problem?

Max
Jim Pearson

Post by Jim Pearson »

I was unable to edit yesterday, but was able to add an edition today. Then, when I needed to make a minor correction, i had lost my editing privilege. Is it significant that My user page (CJPearson) is immediately redirected to Charles Pearson (unregistered). Don't know how that happened. Thanks for your help.
-----CJP
choralia
Site Admin

Post by choralia »

I don't think that you lose your editing privileges. I think instead that you lose your login status. When the problem occurs, please check on the address bar of your browser that you are on www.cpdl.org (the contributor website) and not on one of the mirrors for users who are not logged-in (www0.cpdl.org, www1.cpdl.org, www2.cpdl.org, www3.cpdl.org), and that your username is shown on the top-right side of the page. If you are re-directed to a mirror and your username is not shown, this means that your login status was lost. If you login again, you should be able to edit pages right away.

If this is the actual problem, there might be several causes. However, in less than one month the wiki will be upgraded to a much newer version (1.29, while we are currently running version 1.23), so there is no reason to investigate the issue now. We will investigate it after the upgrade if it is still present.

Max
Jim Pearson

Post by Jim Pearson »

Thank you so much. Looks like that was the problem.
-----CJP
Jim Pearson

Post by Jim Pearson »

It appears I still have some things to learn, Max. I see that my Finale musx files download in zipped formats. In reading the help pages, I see that compressed musicxml format is recommended. Can I delete my musx files and add mxl files? I now know how to replace a pdf file with a pdf file, but how do I replace an musx file with an xml file? Thanks again.
----CJP
Claude_T

Post by Claude_T »

For the past, I've exported your .musx files as .mxl ones (in your five editions).
For the future, feel free to directly upload .mxl files (many more users can/may open them than the Finale 2014 ones).
choralia
Site Admin

Post by choralia »

Jim Pearson wrote:Looks like that was the problem.
In preparation for the upgrade of the Mediawiki software, I've activated today a new "dispatcher", i.e., a piece of software that takes care of redirecting users to the contributor website or to the visitor websites according to their login status. This new version is much better integrated with the MediaWiki software (technically, it is implemented as an "extension") so it should better recognize and maintain the login status. Please let me know if you notice any problems.

Max