music

Discussions relating to performance, interpretation, score preparation, musica ficta etc.
kandbina

music

Post by kandbina »

How do i add music clips to certain powerpoint slides? I need to add music only to certain slides. I have video clips in 2 of my slides so putting music on the entire presentation would mean that the music would go over the video's audio. Help!
carlos
Site Admin

Re: music

Post by carlos »

If you use the menu option "Insert -> Videos and sounds", then the change from music to videoclip is done automatically. Suppose you added a music clip to the first slide. If you add a video clip to the 4th slide, the music will automatically stop playing when the video begins to play. I have just tested it with Powerpoint 2000 and it worked fine, it should also work in newer versions.

To insert music to just one slide and go back to silence in the next (without adding a videoclip), you can do the following: in the next slide, add a recorded sound of 1 second of silence (use the Powerpoint built-in recorder); this will be enough to stop the music from the previous slide.