Search for Marenzio's "occhi lucenti e belli"

Discussions relating to performance, interpretation, score preparation, musica ficta etc.
Nisse

Search for Marenzio's "occhi lucenti e belli"

Post by Nisse »

Hello
I'm searching for the hard-copy(original archive) of Marenzio's "occhi lucenti e belli". Does someone know where can i find it, or could someone send me?
Thank you in advance.
vaarky

Re: Search for Marenzio's "occhi lucenti e belli"

Post by vaarky »

Hi--not sure what you mean by hardcopy/original archive exactly.

CPDL does have this work online and printable in hardcopy: http://www.cpdl.org/wiki/index.php/Occh ... _Marenzio)

If you mean that you are looking for a hardcopy facsimile of a copyright-free version of the manuscript, you might try writing to Imre Potham, one of the people who supplied the scores on CPDL to see if he has such a copy. Sadly, you can't ask the person who contributed the other edition of this work to CPDL (Brian) since he died not long ago.

Inter-library lending may also be able to help you depending on how it's implemented in you country, whereever you are.

If you mean you want to purchase a printed hardcopy, SheetMusicPlus, TISmusic and my local library don't seem to have a copy. Hopefully someone else reading this can help.
Cdalitz

Post by Cdalitz »

The editions on CPDL do not give any source ([ranton]which is bad style but quite common on CPDL[rantoff]), but a bit of googling revealed that the piece is from Marenzio's third madrigal book from 1582.

I have checked the catalogues of some facsimile publishers, but only found a facsimile of his complete seventh book for 10 Euros. I would suggest to look up libraries holding extant copies of book three through RISM (the ID of the print should be Marenzio1582 or so) and order directly from the libraries. As you only need 5 or 10 pages (one or two from each part book), that should not be prohibitively expensive.

Hope this helps.
Nisse

Post by Nisse »

Thank you all so much! and also sorry for my english.
Yes... I am looking for the facimile of the song that havnt transcripted yet.
choralia
Site Admin

Post by choralia »

It seems that manuscript copies are available at the library of the Conservatory of Rome "Santa Cecilia". Reproductions can be requested, but it is necessary to specify the reasons of the request. Reproduction costs are to be paid (I have no idea of the amount). I live in Rome, so I may investigate a little bit further if you wish.

Max
Nisse

Post by Nisse »

As this song is quite well-known, I wondered if someone have the copie of the original (as everyone have or can find the first Petrucci's somewhere). I think that asking st. cecilia (as i lived in italy for one year) or any institutes will become a horror and not really worthful to waste time at the end (except if someone be writing the theses on renaissance music).
So.... Grazie mille a tutti!!!!

p.s. I felt very very good with this web-board , everyone is so nice and helpfull. ;-)