Original choral music - buy once, copy forever!

ONLY forum where announcements promoting COMMERCIAL choral music related websites and services are permitted
58publishing

Original choral music - buy once, copy forever!

Post by 58publishing »

Hi everyone - I'm here to plug 58 Publishing, an independently owned and operated choral music publisher. 58publishing.com offers free samples of our music, as well as immediate downloads, and focuses on music for school and church choirs. Once the score has been purchased (usually around $8, and ), you can copy it as much as you want for your school or institution!

Currently, our catalog includes arrangements of Abide With Me, Good Christian Men, Rejoice, O Come, O Come, Emmanuel, and more!

Here's a link to view some samples: http://58publishing.com/collections/all

Our philosophy: http://58publishing.com/pages/about-us

All of our music has been crafted to serve the notions that:

1. Most choir directors operate on a shoestring budget
2. Singers deserve quality choral literature
3. Composers are entitled to receive compensation for their work

We hope you'll check out our website, and please feel free to send us an email at info@58publishing.com. Thanks for reading!
cjshawcj

Re: Original choral music - buy once, copy forever!

Post by cjshawcj »

You say here "buy once, copy forever".
On your website you say that the purchase price entitles one to reproduce a piece in perpetuity.

How did you manage to secure distribution rights beyond the grave?
Cdalitz

Post by Cdalitz »

cjshawcj wrote:
How did you manage to secure distribution rights beyond the grave?
I understand your point, but this seems to be hair splitting: even though copyright terms theoretically are finite, they are infinite in practice. Neither you, nor me, nor anybody today on earth will see any of the pieces sold there go into the public domain during their lifetime. So what exacly is the difference to an infinite copyright term?
vaarky

Post by vaarky »

"Buy once, copy forever" seems entirely accurate since it conveys that you Buy (now while the edition is copyrighted), then copy forever for the remainder of this license, and also can continue copying the edition forever beyond that once any copyright expires and it passes into the public domain. Or any I misunderstanding the question?