Charles Wood Evening Service in E major for Men's Voices

For MUSIC REQUESTS and QUESTIONS about availability, including Copyright issues
KDB135

Charles Wood Evening Service in E major for Men's Voices

Post by KDB135 »

Am searching for the Charles Wood Evening Service in Emajor for Men's Voices. Is this work available in CPDL?...or will it be at some point?
carlos
Site Admin

Re: Charles Wood Evening Service in E major for Men's Voices

Post by carlos »

Hi,

The composition you're looking for is available on CPDL. Just write Charles Wood in CPDL's search box and you will get to the composer's page. To go to CPDL's main page just click on the logo with a globe above.

Regards,
Ken

Post by Ken »

Hey! Thanks for writing. When I go to "Composer pages" and pull up CHARLES WOOD, then go to the Evening service in E major, it gives me CPDL #11144 and CPDL #11151 in red and green lettering, but it says the "page does not exist"....how can this be?
KDB135

Post by KDB135 »

Thank you for checking on this, and on checking about Peter G's site. I look forward to hearing from you when this issue is resolved and the Charles Wood "Evening Service in E for Men's Voices" is available.

KEN
CHGiffen
Site Admin

Post by CHGiffen »

Links to Peter Gibson's editions (and his website) appear to be broken.
Charles H. Giffen
CPDL Board of Directors Chair
Admin at & Manager of ChoralWiki
vaarky

Post by vaarky »

A member of the CPDL team has reached out to Peter Gibson to try to reach him and hopefully get this fixed.
PeterGibson

Post by PeterGibson »

I have finally :oops: started the process of submitting files to the CPDL server, instead of having them hosted on my old (now defunct) website.
Assuming what I have done to CPDL #11300 (Batten Deliver us) has not brought the entire world wide web to its knees, I will continue the process over the next few days, then start on some works that have been sitting on my hard drive for more years than is right and proper :)
PeterGibson

Post by PeterGibson »

Job done :)
Other works are following apace, subject to minor interruptions such as washing dishes :( and singing at Evensong :D
bobnotts
Site Admin

Post by bobnotts »

Great stuff, thanks for uploading the files to the CPDL server, Peter. Why not unzip them first, then upload the files, so opening them is easier for users?
Rob Nottingham
CPDL Administrator
CHGiffen
Site Admin

Post by CHGiffen »

Wow, thank you so much! This is great!
Charles H. Giffen
CPDL Board of Directors Chair
Admin at & Manager of ChoralWiki
PeterGibson

Post by PeterGibson »

At the moment I am simply shifting the files that existed on my old site directly to the CPDL server, with only a change of file name in the process.
When I was using the old site, I compressed the files to allow significant space saving (and money/time saving; dial-up was slow and cost money!), or rather I was able to fit more files into the space available.
Is there a strong opinion on zipped/unzipped files?
carlos
Site Admin

Post by carlos »

PeterGibson wrote:Is there a strong opinion on zipped/unzipped files?
Well, CPDL currently requires that all MusicXML files be zipped, as they can be sometimes huge, and zipping can shrink them to less than 2% of their original size. The same could be said of all source codes in text format (as LilyPond files, for example).

On the other side, zipping midi/mp3/pdf files usually don't compress them very well, so we encourage uploaders not to zip them. One notable exception is when an uploader wants to gather all midis of a larger work into a single zip package.
Carlos (talk)
CPDL Administration