Hymne à l'amour (Edith Piaf)

For MUSIC REQUESTS and QUESTIONS about availability, including Copyright issues
anaigeon

Hymne à l'amour (Edith Piaf)

Post by anaigeon »

The link published today november 13th points to a blank page;
might it be a copyright problem ?
(indeed the original url is replaced by one containing "denied")

I just can't remember the composer's name, but I'm fairly sure it is not
a popular song, contrary to what is written on cpdl home page this evening.
carlos
Site Admin

Re: Hymne à l'amour (Edith Piaf)

Post by carlos »

Thanks for informing this! The link was corrected, but possibly not for long, as there remain some copyright issues on the CPDL part. See the talk page for more info on this.

For now, the work was just removed from the Main page until this issue is resolved.
anaigeon

Post by anaigeon »

I've searched in the catalog of the French author society (SACEM), and found this on the 5th page dedicated to composer Marguerite Monnot :

• HYMNE A L AMOUR
Compositeur MONNOT MARGUERITE
Auteur PIAF EDITH
Arrangeur BOYER JOSEPH AUGUSTE EUGENE
Editeur EDIMARTON SARL

Strangely enough, there's no date given on this page, but everyone seems to agree about 1950.
carlos
Site Admin

Post by carlos »

Thanks for checking, anaigeon! I've just informed the arranger about the possible infringement.
vaarky

Post by vaarky »

I just sent the arranger e-mail since I didn't see you copy the Copyright alias and I saw no indication on the talk page that you'd sent the user e-mail--sorry if our messages to him crossed. Is said we'd delete in 2 weeks unless we hear back with information that makes us think we should not delete.
carlos
Site Admin

Post by carlos »

Thanks Vaarky. I wrote him a message on his talk page, but your email will possibly reach him first.
vaarky

Post by vaarky »

Esp. if CPDL is having problems that frustrate users trying to log in. :)

You haven't heard back, right? No reply to my e-mail, no reply on the talk page, and the 14 days I gave on Nov15 runs out at midnight on the 29th.

I'm concerned if we receive no reply. I am concerned about users on CPDL who don't respond to our "what were you thinking?" email. How do people feel about disabling the user's CPDL account pending reply if we don't hear back by the deadline my e-mail gave?
carlos
Site Admin

Post by carlos »

I don't agree with such a radical measure. At most the infringing work should be deleted after the given time expires. There are many reasons why people may not respond: being away on vacation, being unable to completely understand the contents of the email received (Adrian speaks Spanish and maybe didn't totally understand what you wrote him in English), one's Wiki account may not be configured to send an email when the talk page is changed, etc...
vaarky

Post by vaarky »

I used the the CPDL feature to send e-mail to the user, not the talk page. I'm ambivalent. You bring up some good points and I don't feel strongly about this.