Contemporay Icelandic Choir music

For MUSIC REQUESTS and QUESTIONS about availability, including Copyright issues
EmqU

Contemporay Icelandic Choir music

Post by EmqU »

Hi,

I - and some colleague choir conductors - am aware of the fact that there is quite a lot happening in Iceland, the last decades, concerning contemporary choir music (as in the Baltic States). I 'm thinking of Jon Leifs, Jon Nordal, Thorkel Sveinbjornsson.
On the other hand, I have a singer in my choir who happens to go to Iceland in june. So I want to take the opportunity to ask her to by me some CD's and/or scores, that are not available here (i.e. Belgium).
Does anyone has some suggestions of which composer/work would be worth bringing along?

I did mail to mic.is, but I didn't got any answer untill now.

Greetings,
Martin
vaarky

Re: Contemporay Icelandic Choir music

Post by vaarky »

See http://thechoirgirl.blogspot.com/2009/0 ... ecret.html at the bottom for information and recording snippet for a nifty Icelandic piece for women's voices.
EmqU

Post by EmqU »

Yes, I don't remember how, by a stumbled into this spot recently (probably through one the forums here), but even there is no mention of any composer !!! You see my point ?

Greetings,
EmqU
vaarky

Post by vaarky »

The web page says the song was recorded by Choir Lyran, so maybe contacting them can provide more information.
bradcapo1

Post by bradcapo1 »

I am not so knowledgeable about this matter. So i have to learn it. Thanks for the post.

taux pret auto - taux pret auto differe selon la rise en compte ... calculent automatiquement le taux pour un prêt automobile donne.