Maurice Greene

For MUSIC REQUESTS and QUESTIONS about availability, including Copyright issues
arh4108

Maurice Greene

Post by arh4108 »

The main composer page for Greene shows "Thou visitest the earth" in black with no other web links. I have previously accessed the piece from wso.williams.edu/cpdl/sheet/gree-tho.pdf which is no longer available.

The index http://wso.williams.edu/cpdl/cpdl0501a.pdf also lists the piece with ID 8058

Is there any chance of this piece becoming available ?
bobnotts
Site Admin

Re: Maurice Greene

Post by bobnotts »

Hi there. CPDL #8058 was edited by Andrew Crookall who requested that his editions be removed from CPDL in August last year. Looking into the history of the Maurice Greene page, I can see that Raf removed the link to the score page (but this was done in January 2006 which I don't quite understand). Following this in January 2007, Noel Stoutenburg added the entry again (unlinked), stating that it was "in preparation". I removed the words "in preparation" in August last year since it was over a year since Noel suggested he was working on a new edition. You may wish to try contacting Noel to see how far he got with his edition. Otherwise, you could make a request for this work using the form here. It's unfortunate when editors request that their editions be removed but we have to respect their wishes.

Rob
Rob Nottingham
CPDL Administrator