Request: Zöllner, Der Speisezettel

For MUSIC REQUESTS and QUESTIONS about availability, including Copyright issues
Martin Schubert

Request: Zöllner, Der Speisezettel

Post by Martin Schubert »

Hi to everyone,

I'm looking for this wonderful piece for male choir. And I saw that the famous composer Carl Friedrich Zöllner is not listed yet - o.k., he is only famous for people in Germany who deal with older male choirs and their music. But especially this piece is really funny and I would be glad to find it here.
Thanks to all the people who run this great page.

Max

P.S.: I would really like to do some work about the composer, but till now I don't know how all this works.
bobnotts
Site Admin

Post by bobnotts »

Hi Max

I'm afraid I can't help with the score request but I've just created a composer page for Carl Friedrich Zöllner, it is here. If you want to add some information to the page such as list of works, or biographical information, just click "edit" at the top of the page and start typing! Don't worry if you make a mess - someone will come along and tidy it up.

If you want to contribute editions of Zöllner's works then my advice would be to follow the score submission guide which is a comprehensive guide to adding scores to the site. If you encounter problems, feel free to leave a message here and someone will try to help.

Regards

Rob
Jacques

Re: Request: Zöllner, Der Speisezettel

Post by Jacques »

(link removed by an administrator)
choralia
Site Admin

Re: Request: Zöllner, Der Speisezettel

Post by choralia »

Thank you, Jacques, for providing a private link to this score. I noticed that it's the same edition available on the alle-noten.de website:

http://www.alle-noten.de/Der_Speisezett ... 4c?lang=en

I haven't been able to trace the date when the above edition was published, in order to evaluate whether it can be considered public domain in the U.S.A, where these forums and CPDL are located, and hence eligible for being uploaded to ChoralWiki. This edition appears to be relatively recent, and therefore probably still under copyright in the U.S.A., while it is probably public domain in Germany, where the alle-noten.de website is located, and where copyright on the so-called "urtext" editions only lasts 25 years.

So, to stay on the safe side for CPDL, I removed the private link you posted. Please let us know if you are able to trace the date when the edition in subject was published, so that we can more accurately evaluate its copyright status in the U.S.A. and possibly upload it to ChoralWiki.

Max