men's choir and solo - repertoire

For MUSIC REQUESTS and QUESTIONS about availability, including Copyright issues
o0o

men's choir and solo - repertoire

Post by o0o »

Hi,

I'm looking for some nice pieces for rather easy men's choir TTB, or better TBB, TTBB also possible. With solo. Solo best should be a soprano.
Does anyone knows something and could give me a hint?

Thanks!
Martin Schubert

Re: men's choir and solo - repertoire

Post by Martin Schubert »

o0o wrote:Hi,

I'm looking for some nice pieces for rather easy men's choir TTB, or better TBB, TTBB also possible. With solo. Solo best should be a soprano.
Does anyone knows something and could give me a hint?

Thanks!

Hi,

some nice pieces for men's choir with solo (and some without) are written by Edvard Grieg in his "Twelve songs for male choir" (I know some of them by a recording from the famous King's Singers). Another wonderful piece for male choir with a solo (unfortunately it is an alto) is "Nächtliches Ständchen" from Franz Schubert - but for this one you will need a good piano player, too. There is a very good arrangement for male voices TTBB with a male soloist from the ensemble "Die Singphoniker" from Munich.
All this music is wonderful, but - sorry! - it is not very easy. But maybe your choir will be able to perform this wonderful music in the future? Good luck,

Max
Patterson

Re: men's choir and solo - repertoire

Post by Patterson »

Hello

I have posted a piece by Schubert which is scored for four-part men's chorus and alto solo. The text is
Zögernd leise
. See if you think it useful.