Looking for Miss in Honorem Reginae Pacis opus 30, F Peeters

For MUSIC REQUESTS and QUESTIONS about availability, including Copyright issues
Kathy Tichenor

Looking for Miss in Honorem Reginae Pacis opus 30, F Peeters

Post by Kathy Tichenor »

I am looking for a score of Missa in honorem Reginae Pacis, opus 30, by Flor Peeters, it's a little short Mass for 2equal voices,organ,Musica Sacra 1934, McLaughlin & Reilly, 1948. does anyone out here have it. I can't find it anywhere and I think it's out of print.
Thanks

KTFugue.
MandyShaw

Difficult ...

Post by MandyShaw »

Have you tried your local library's inter-library loan service? Sounds like the sort of thing that might well be lurking in a public library somewhere.

Don't know where you're located, but if you're in the UK, I'd also suggest you try Wakefield Public Library (Yorkshire), who don't take part in the inter-library loan service but who have a wonderful stock available to anyone for a very reasonable fee. See http://www.wakefield.gov.uk/CultureAndL ... efault.htm
Not sure whether they will ship outside the UK.
mjolnir

Post by mjolnir »

There are at least four libraries in the U.S. which report owning copies in OCLC, and there are several other organizations which may own copies, but which do not routinely report choral music holdings to OCLC. The work has two OCLC numbers, which you can give to a Librarian to try to borrow a copy by ILL: 28695988 and 40462250.

Besides the four U.S. libraries reporting under these two OCLC numbers, you might also try the Choral music library at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, in Fort Worth, TX, and the library at Westminster Choir College of Rider University in Princeton, NJ. The Library of Congress in Washington DC should also have a copy, under the requirements of mandatory deposit.

Unfortunately, the work is still copyright, as due to changes in the US copyright statutes during the 1960's, renewal was made automatic. The first place to check for permission to copy is Alfred, since M&R 's catalog ultimately wound up under the control of Warner Music, and was, I suspect included in the transfer to Alfred. It would not surprise me, however, if Alfred knows nothing about the work.

ns