Percy Pinkerton (year of death)

For MUSIC REQUESTS and QUESTIONS about availability, including Copyright issues
Evatoller

Percy Pinkerton (year of death)

Post by Evatoller »

I have tried to find out the death-year of Percy Pinkerton (British writer and translator) but haven't been able to find anything on the Webb. Is there anyone who knows when he died?
Eva Toller
pml
Site Admin

Post by pml »

Hi Eva,

no idea I'm sorry; but his name is familiar to me (his work appears in the Old Berlioz complete works, which were published 1900 - 1907) and my Uni library holds a translation of his from 1927; therefore it is not unreasonable to assume he may have lived as late as 1936, which would mean his work is still under copyright, which in most jurisdictions is now life plus 70 years; if so, in other jurisdictions his work will have entered the public domain in the mean time (e.g. Australia was life plus 50 years until last year). It's still all guesswork...

Best, PML
mjolnir

Re: Percy Pinkerton (year of death)

Post by mjolnir »

You might contact one of the Libraries of Mandatory Deposit in the England (British Library, Oxford, Cambridge), who might be able to locate biographical information in an encyclopedia of men of letters.

ns
viejita

Percy Pinkerton

Post by viejita »

Hi

I am in contact with someone who is doing some historical research. He contacted me about Percy Pinkerton through my family tree - Percy was my 1st cousin, 4 times removed.

My contact believes Percy died at Kerrier District (West Cornwall) around the 3rd quarter of 1946 aged 91

Hope that helps

The contact I have told me more about Percy than I ever knew. It would be great if you have more to share with me.

Thanks

Jo
Forgedglory

Percy Pinkerton

Post by Forgedglory »

He may be the 'Percy Edward Pinkerton' who died 31 August 1946, aged 91, at Ealing House, Porthleven, Cornwall. Hope this helps
forgedglory
viejita

Percy's death

Post by viejita »

That would make sense - third quarter is Jun-Sep and so if he died at the end of August, then he would have been registered in that quarter.

Jo