Automated additions procedure

Forum for all users to discuss the implementation and operation of the ChoralWiki at CPDL
uptoncp

Automated additions procedure

Post by uptoncp »

I just attempted to add an edition of Tallis's Short Evening Service using the automated procedure; a number was generated (30472) but no data; the {{recent additions}} template appeared on the composer page but nothing else; the page history for the work page shows two blank lines added.

(1) I deduce that something's up with the system! :-) Am I the first person to try it?

(2) Should I attempt to recreate the data manually, using other works for a template? (I have plenty of New Work Added e-mails to take the format from).
choralia
Site Admin

Re: Automated additions procedure

Post by choralia »

Thank you for contacting us about this issue. I had already noticed that a problem occurred with your submission, and I'll investigate it later today (I'll have to deal with the server migration first).

Other 26 works have been submitted so far using the automated procedure, but it's the first time that this problem occurs. The data relevant to your submission are already in the database, so probably I have all elements to try to reproduce the problem. If I don't succeed, I'll contact you via email through the address that you specified when submitting the form.

Max

Edit: the problem is probably related to a difference between the name of the work page ("Short Evening Service") and the title shown on the composer page ("Magnificat and Nunc dimittis"). The automated script is already able to manage these cases when implemented through a redirect, but this case does not make use of a redirect so it probably requires to be treated specifically.
uptoncp

Post by uptoncp »

Now I have another e-mail, with all the details but a different number, 23452, which must surely have been assigned long ago as the numbers currently being issued are above 30,000. Still nothing on the pages, though.
choralia
Site Admin

Post by choralia »

I wrote an email to you, didn't you receive it? I tried to reproduce the problem on a test server, but the problem didn't show up, the code was created correctly on it :(

I'm going to do the same on the new server, let's see what happens.

Max

Edit: done on the new server also, everything worked normally. Maybe just a temporary server glitch yesterday.
uptoncp

Post by uptoncp »

Yes, got it now, sorry.

Most odd, but I'm glad it's gone through. I don't expect it'll be long before I have occasion to try again :-)
uptoncp

Post by uptoncp »

I remembered an oldish piece of my own I hadn't uploaded, so thought I'd give it another go. It must be personal, the same thing happened again. (#30488)
choralia
Site Admin

Post by choralia »

uptoncp wrote:It must be personal, the same thing happened again.
Yes, I noticed. I'll contact you privately: we need to understand the reason as similar conditions might occur for other users as well.

Max