Internal errors with "move page" and special:WhatLinksHere

Forum for all users to discuss the implementation and operation of the ChoralWiki at CPDL
walkertron5000

Internal errors with "move page" and special:WhatLinksHere

Post by walkertron5000 »

Hello! As of yesterday I've been unable to use the "move page" function, and have noticed a similar error now comes up when I try to click on a link that uses the "WhatLinksHere" operation.

When I try to move a page using the "move page" option at the top-right, I'm redirected to an error page, with the following text:

MediaWiki internal error.

Original exception: exception 'MWException' with message 'Invalid or virtual namespace -1 given.' in /home2/cpdl/public_html/wiki/includes/WikiPage.php:104
Stack trace:
#0 /home2/cpdl/public_html/wiki/includes/context/RequestContext.php(167): WikiPage::factory(Object(Title))
#1 /home2/cpdl/public_html/wiki/extensions/ChoralWiki/AddWorkTabs.php(18): RequestContext->getWikiPage()
#2 [internal function]: AddWorkTabs(Object(SkinVector), Array)
#3 /home2/cpdl/public_html/wiki/includes/Hooks.php(255): call_user_func_array('AddWorkTabs', Array)
#4 /home2/cpdl/public_html/wiki/includes/GlobalFunctions.php(3883): Hooks::run('SkinTemplateNav...', Array)
#5 /home2/cpdl/public_html/wiki/includes/SkinTemplate.php(1002): wfRunHooks('SkinTemplateNav...', Array)
#6 /home2/cpdl/public_html/wiki/includes/SkinTemplate.php(452): SkinTemplate->buildContentNavigationUrls()
#7 /home2/cpdl/public_html/wiki/includes/OutputPage.php(2034): SkinTemplate->outputPage()
#8 /home2/cpdl/public_html/wiki/includes/Wiki.php(572): OutputPage->output()
#9 /home2/cpdl/public_html/wiki/includes/Wiki.php(458): MediaWiki->main()
#10 /home2/cpdl/public_html/wiki/index.php(59): MediaWiki->run()
#11 {main}

Exception caught inside exception handler: exception 'MWException' with message 'Invalid or virtual namespace -1 given.' in /home2/cpdl/public_html/wiki/includes/WikiPage.php:104
Stack trace:
#0 /home2/cpdl/public_html/wiki/includes/context/RequestContext.php(167): WikiPage::factory(Object(Title))
#1 /home2/cpdl/public_html/wiki/extensions/ChoralWiki/AddWorkTabs.php(18): RequestContext->getWikiPage()
#2 [internal function]: AddWorkTabs(Object(SkinVector), Array)
#3 /home2/cpdl/public_html/wiki/includes/Hooks.php(255): call_user_func_array('AddWorkTabs', Array)
#4 /home2/cpdl/public_html/wiki/includes/GlobalFunctions.php(3883): Hooks::run('SkinTemplateNav...', Array)
#5 /home2/cpdl/public_html/wiki/includes/SkinTemplate.php(1002): wfRunHooks('SkinTemplateNav...', Array)
#6 /home2/cpdl/public_html/wiki/includes/SkinTemplate.php(452): SkinTemplate->buildContentNavigationUrls()
#7 /home2/cpdl/public_html/wiki/includes/OutputPage.php(2034): SkinTemplate->outputPage()
#8 /home2/cpdl/public_html/wiki/includes/Exception.php(227): OutputPage->output()
#9 /home2/cpdl/public_html/wiki/includes/Exception.php(272): MWException->reportHTML()
#10 /home2/cpdl/public_html/wiki/includes/Exception.php(643): MWException->report()
#11 /home2/cpdl/public_html/wiki/includes/Exception.php(713): MWExceptionHandler::report(Object(MWException))
#12 /home2/cpdl/public_html/wiki/includes/Wiki.php(461): MWExceptionHandler::handle(Object(MWException))
#13 /home2/cpdl/public_html/wiki/index.php(59): MediaWiki->run()
#14 {main}

A similar error appears when I try to use the WhatLinksHere function. Any ideas?

Best,

~Walker
choralia
Site Admin

Re: Internal errors with "move page" and special:WhatLinksHe

Post by choralia »

Thank you for notifying us, Walker. I yesterday activated a modification that automatically introduces "Add new work" and "Add new edition" tabs to composer and work pages, and that opens the "Add work" form already filled with the relevant composer and work information (composer name, composer era, work title, work genre and subgenre). This is intended to facilitate the score submission process. Unfortunately such modification seems to "interfere" with the "move page" and "what links here" functions, so I've now de-activated it until the problem is fixed.

Max
walkertron5000

Post by walkertron5000 »

Ah. I quite like the idea of those extra tabs, so I hope you'll be able to sort out whatever the conflict is.

Thanks for the quick reply!

~Walker
choralia
Site Admin

Post by choralia »

Problem (supposedly) fixed: just a minor bug. I've re-activated the tabs. Please do not hesitate to notify us if you encounter any problems!

Max