Finale 2012 doesn't appear in

Forum for all users to discuss the implementation and operation of the ChoralWiki at CPDL
EdStauff

Finale 2012 doesn't appear in

Post by EdStauff »

After many years as a user, I just made my first submission to CPDL (hopefully I did it right). I ran into one minor problem:

On the page "Form:Add work", in the field "Music notation program / format", I expected to find a choice for "Finale 2012" (which is what I use). I found over a dozen Finale editions listed, but the most recent was 2011.

Could someone please add "Finale 2012", or tell me how to do it myself, or explain why not?

Thanks!

-- Ed
choralia
Site Admin

Re: Finale 2012 doesn't appear in

Post by choralia »

EdStauff wrote:Could someone please add "Finale 2012"
You're too modern... :lol:

I added Finale 2012 to the list of available options. Curiously, the version of the Finale file that you uploaded reads "Finale(R) 2012 Copyright (c) 1987-2011 MakeMusic Inc.". Anyway, the "Add work" form should be able to detect Finale 2012 files automatically from now on also.

Thank you for your edition, for becoming a contributor, and for suggesting an improvement!

Max
CHGiffen
Site Admin

Re: Finale 2012 doesn't appear in

Post by CHGiffen »

Finale 2012 was released in the summer of 2011, just as previous "annual" editions were released in their prior years. This is in keeping with U.S. automobile manufacturers rolling out the new model year several months before the calendar year begins.

Curiously, there was no Finale 2013, and so far I haven't seen any indications that there will be a Finale 2014. Perhaps the product is now regarded as complete enough not to warrant a new edition, or perhaps it's a sign of the current economic times.
Charles H. Giffen
CPDL Board of Directors Chair
Admin at & Manager of ChoralWiki