Lyricists births and deaths

Forum for all users to discuss the implementation and operation of the ChoralWiki at CPDL
PeterGibson

Lyricists births and deaths

Post by PeterGibson »

Can it be possible to categorise Lyricists under year of birth/death as can happen with composers?

The idea has been floated already here: http://www.cpdl.org/wiki/index.php/Cate ... :Lyricists but it appears not to have set the world on fire.
As matters stand at the moment, any birth year entry ends up on http://www.cpdl.org/wiki/index.php/Cate ... birth_year, which is potentially confusing, but I would argue that composers and lyricists should be listed together. Would it therefore make sense to change the titles of the categories to something like "Category:People grouped by …" ?
CHGiffen
Site Admin

Re: Lyricists births and deaths

Post by CHGiffen »

It makes sense to have Birth/Death years apply to anyone, composers, lyricists, and even other people. In compiling, say, a list of composer anniversaries, one only has to use the Dynamic Page Listing (DPL) feature with two categories - Composers and birth (or death) year. See, for example, ChoralWiki:2013 Anniversaries.

Certainly renaming those Birth and Death year supercategories and recategorizing individual Birth and Death year categories is reasonable and not difficult.
Charles H. Giffen
CPDL Board of Directors Chair
Admin at & Manager of ChoralWiki
carlos
Site Admin

Post by carlos »

Great, Chuck! This seems to be consensual, as Vaarky, Rob and I also agree with the changes, so I'm starting to implement them.
CHGiffen
Site Admin

Post by CHGiffen »

Carlos, thanks for getting the ball rolling!
Charles H. Giffen
CPDL Board of Directors Chair
Admin at & Manager of ChoralWiki