Wiki search functionality

Forum for all users to discuss the implementation and operation of the ChoralWiki at CPDL
bobnotts
Site Admin

Wiki search functionality

Post by bobnotts »

Hi guys

I'm trying to get through some add score work. Just tried to search for CPDL #25444 (my search string was "25444") but this produced no results, despite the string being on my user page http://www.cpdl.org/wiki/index.php/User ... Nottingham and on http://www.cpdl.org/wiki/index.php/Ich_ ... es_Eccard)

Is this a problem? How long should it take the wiki to index pages? This will make the job of searching for score additions quite a bit harder if it's working as it should do.
Rob Nottingham
CPDL Administrator
vaarky

Re: Wiki search functionality

Post by vaarky »

Not sure how long it would take, but search is finding it for me now. Might reindexing be a batched overnight process?
CHGiffen
Site Admin

Post by CHGiffen »

I'm not sure if search engines search www.cpdl.org - but I know they search www1.cpdl.org, www2.cpdl.org, and www3.cpdl.org - and these are only updated a day after information appears on www.cpdl.org.
Charles H. Giffen
CPDL Board of Directors Chair
Admin at & Manager of ChoralWiki
vaarky

Post by vaarky »

Was Rob referring to the CPDL's main search box?
CHGiffen
Site Admin

Post by CHGiffen »

No problem searching on "25444" with the CPDL search - results:

User:Robert Nottingham
16 KB (2,383 words) - 16:09, 25 January 2012

Ich steh an deiner Krippen hier (Johannes Eccard)
*{{NewWork|2012-01-22}} {{CPDLno|25444}} [{{filepath:Ecc_Ich.pdf‎}} {{pdf}}] [{{filepath:Ecc_Ich.mid}} {{mid}}]
2 KB (277 words) - 16:22, 25 January 2012
Charles H. Giffen
bobnotts
Site Admin

Post by bobnotts »

I was using the wiki search. Yes, Chuck, the search results are now present but my point is that it took some time to index. I was wondering how long that was.
Rob Nottingham
CPDL Administrator
CHGiffen
Site Admin

Post by CHGiffen »

Rob (and others), if you're looking for the page that contains the edition with CPDL #25444, you might simply (and more quickly) go to the page

ChoralWiki:CPDL 254xy

(change the last two digits to xy) which lists all works with edition numbers in the range 25400-25499. Thanks to the CPDLno template that is now used for all CPDL edition postings (one of its already implemented features).

To describe what goes on with this CPDLno action: {{CPDLno|25444}} (a) links the page to Edition:CPDL 25444 (which will eventually exist and contain all the edition information, among other things) and (b) categorizes the page in Category:CPDL 0254xy. The page ChoralWiki:CPDL 254xy uses DPL code to make a more-or-less sorted listing of the CPDL numbers matched with the pages that contain them. The page Edition:CPDL 25444 will function essentially as a container for all the data about an edition, together with a default template structure that will list all that information and other templates that, for example, when used on a works page, will generate the listing of that work.
Charles H. Giffen