Extended Search Limitation To 200 Entries

Forum for all users to discuss the implementation and operation of the ChoralWiki at CPDL
johnepalmer

Extended Search Limitation To 200 Entries

Post by johnepalmer »

Unfortunately, there is a slight problem with limiting your search to only 200 entries. Most of the time it only will list titles beginning from "A" until "M", leaving off more than 1/2 a possible listing. Is there a way for this to be increased to a user-set value or to change the default setting? Or does anyone know a workaround for this? I'm trying to list all possible pieces available for unison voices and this limitation is proving problematic for me. Thanks for all who contribute to this site. johnepalmer
CHGiffen
Site Admin

Re: Extended Search Limitation To 200 Entries

Post by CHGiffen »

You could simply examine the category:Unison, which lists all pieces voiced for unison chorus.

Chuck
Charles H. Giffen
CPDL Board of Directors Chair
Admin at & Manager of ChoralWiki
carlos
Site Admin

Re: Extended Search Limitation To 200 Entries

Post by carlos »

Hi John,

There is now an extra selection box titled "Limit" where this variable can be changed. It can be increased from the current 200 results to up to 2000 results (which is a de facto limit for this kind of searches), but please use this last option sparingly :roll:

The time required for the server to deliver larger results also increases proportionally: in some of my tests it took almost 12s for the results to be displayed. Because of this, when selecting a larger limit, the "Search" button will be unavailable (dimmed) for a longer time, after you click on it.

Regards