New template to link to the Petrucci Music Library

Forum for all users to discuss the implementation and operation of the ChoralWiki at CPDL
bobnotts
Site Admin

New template to link to the Petrucci Music Library

Post by bobnotts »

I've recently added links to the Petrucci Music Library (IMSLP) to the Stanford page and a score page. These links are springing up all over CPDL now, which is great, but a degree of standardisation would be good, in my opinion.

That's why I'm proposing a new template (or possibly two) to link directly to PML work pages and composer category pages. We currently have "IMSLP" set up as an interwiki link, which is great, but I think we could do with templates specifically for the PML. It isn't a site that's focused on vocal music like CPDL but there's certainly a fair amount of vocal music there, some of which is indexed as CPDL editions. Moreover, this is a site that has shown tremendous growth in its short life-span and will undoubtedly continue to grow.

So, how's about two templates, one to link from composer pages and one from score pages?
Rob Nottingham
CPDL Administrator
carlos
Site Admin

Re: New template to link to the Petrucci Music Library

Post by carlos »

I think it's a good idea! If no one starts working on them until I return from holidays next wednesday, I'll create them for you. I guess the Wikipedia IMSLP templates may be a good start.
vaarky

Post by vaarky »

Great idea, tx.
carlos
Site Admin

Post by carlos »

Here they are:

http://www.cpdl.org/wiki/index.php/Template:IMSLP
http://www.cpdl.org/wiki/index.php/Template:IMSLP2

Feel free to change the wording in the standard text displayed.
bobnotts
Site Admin

Post by bobnotts »

Belated thanks, Carlos. As no doubt you've seen, I've made a few changes; I hope you approve.
Rob Nottingham
CPDL Administrator