Atrium Musicologicum

Announcement and discussion of activities such as musical workshops, concerts/performances, music competitions etc.
luis henriques
Location: Fajãzinha, Flores Island, Azores, (now at Évora) Portugal

Atrium Musicologicum

Post by luis henriques »

It's a blog with the intent of being a website. There is frequently postings of musicological material, mainly on Medieval and Renaissance music. There is also a place for Portuguese music. The last project being developed there is a series of biograpghies on the Franco-Flemish school of composers.

Atrium Musicologicum
Luís C. F. Henriques (University of Évora)
“Ipse vero magister Perotinus fecit quadrupla óptima […] cum habundantia colorum armonicae artis…”
Anonymous 4 in [Musica] (fol. 70v)
Atrium Musicologicum
vaarky

Re: Atrium Musicologicum

Post by vaarky »

Nifty site!

It looks like you have a lot of useful biographical information. We'd love your help expanding some of the biographical information on CPDL or helping identify the nationalities and/or eras of some mystery composers if you feel like helping out with that aspect of CPDL.

The Machaut recordings were nicely done.
luis henriques

Post by luis henriques »

Thank you Vaarky (I don't know what "nifty" means, but I presume its a nice thing).
I'm open to "mystery" composers... send me some names and I'll check it out.

Mateus d'Aranda is probably one of these names. I'm preparing a biographical resume (in english) of him, to be included in the composer's page.

All the best,
L.H.
“Ipse vero magister Perotinus fecit quadrupla óptima […] cum habundantia colorum armonicae artis…”
Atrium Musicologicum
vaarky

Post by vaarky »

Thanks for being willing, Luis. I wasn't thinking of any particular composers, just thinking that what you have on your site is probably more comprehensive for any of those composers than what CPDL has. So for the ones you feel most knowledgeable about, it would be great if you could take a look at what CPDL (or even Wikipedia) has and see if you feel like expanding it.

Yes, nifty is a positive expression, informal and similar in tone to "neat!" or "cool"...
luis henriques

Post by luis henriques »

Ok. I'll look into it.
Atrium Musicologicum
luis henriques

Post by luis henriques »

Well, I've started to work on the Portuguese composer's biographical notes...
Atrium Musicologicum
vaarky

Post by vaarky »

I'd noticed and appreciated your biographical update for one of the composers (Morago, I think it was). Thank you for sharing your expertise on CPDL.
luis henriques

Post by luis henriques »

No trouble. I've also wrote some notes for Estêvão de Brito and am awaiting the composer pages on "Mateus d'Aranda", "Francisco Martins" and "Manuel Mendes" to become available to post the notes. I'll also write some notes on Duarte Lobo and Filipe de Magalhães.
Atrium Musicologicum
carlos
Site Admin

Post by carlos »

luis henriques wrote:I ... am awaiting the composer pages on "Mateus d'Aranda", "Francisco Martins" and "Manuel Mendes" to become available to post the notes.
Hi Luis, the pages for these composers were created, sorry for the delay. Please look for them under the titles Matheo de Aranda, Francisco Martins and Manuel Mendes. Regards
luis henriques

Post by luis henriques »

Most thankful, Carlos
Atrium Musicologicum