Concert in Rome / Concerto a Roma

Announcement and discussion of activities such as musical workshops, concerts/performances, music competitions etc.
choralia
Site Admin

Concert in Rome / Concerto a Roma

Post by choralia »

For those who live in Rome or in the surroundings, this is the announcement of the concert of my choir on December 14. Music by Vivaldi, Bach, Schubert, Poulenc.

Per coloro che vivono a Roma o nei dintorni, questa è la locandina del concerto del mio coro il 14 dicembre. Musiche di Vivaldi, Bach, Schubert, Poulenc.
concert20081214.jpg
concert20081214.jpg (189.51 KiB) Viewed 8273 times
vaarky

Re: Concert in Rome / Concerto a Roma

Post by vaarky »

Sounds like a nifty concert, Max.
choralia
Site Admin

Post by choralia »

Usually I'm the worst singer in the group, but they tolerate my presence as I prepare the training aids for all the others... :lol:
vaarky

Post by vaarky »

Heh. Is this the only group you sing with?
choralia
Site Admin

Post by choralia »

Yes Vaarky, this is the only group I'm singing with. We give just a couple of concerts a year, as it is not easy to get the budget for an event involving professional orchestra, soloists, etc. . You may note that in this case the sponsor is an U.S. foundation, so we have to find funds outside Italy.

However, I also sing with some tens, or perhaps hundreds of other choirs around the world, but through the voice of other people who make use of my training aids. I definitely spare much more time to Choralia than to actually sing, but it is evident that my talent for PC stuff is much better than my talent for music!

Max
vaarky

Post by vaarky »

Your training aids are a very helpful contribution to choral singing. It must be great to know that they're helping so many choristers.

I sympathize with the challenge of funding concerts that involve paying for orchestra and soloists. It's somewhat easier if it's a larger group of choristers, since there is likely a larger paying audience with more singers inviting their friends. A group I know alternates a year of a cappella with a year of accompanied music; others stick to organ-only or just small chamber accompaniment. Many of the smaller groups I know do only a cappella music to avoid this added financial challenge.